Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    iMore Newbie

Default Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!

I purchased the smart keyboard and rear silicone case. I prefer official Apple products.

Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1460383061.205279.jpg
    Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1460383073.961231.jpg
    Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1460383083.149220.jpg
    Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1460383092.529368.jpg
    ladyc0524 and FrankoCDN like this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,962 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!

Very cool. Looks sharp.
    Hobdell85 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I have the Smart Keyboard for the 12.9, but don't like it well enough to get one for the 9.7. Too floppy. Too origami.
    Anyone know of a great keyboard case WITH BACKLIT KEYS that's come out? Don't want cheap. Want rigid, well-balanced, function keys, and backlighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Spafford View Post
    I have the Smart Keyboard for the 12.9, but don't like it well enough to get one for the 9.7. Too floppy. Too origami.
    Anyone know of a great keyboard case WITH BACKLIT KEYS that's come out? Don't want cheap. Want rigid, well-balanced, function keys, and backlighting.
    http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=DyjxdTOW
    iMore Intermediate

I'm personally so glad that I took the plunge and got the Smart Keyboard Cover, it is a cracker.

Right now my iPad Pro 9.7" is still only protected by that, and I'm actually thinking about keeping it that way, especially as I got Apple Care+ for the first time.

Am I crazy?
    Just_Me_D likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZsMac View Post
    I'm personally so glad that I took the plunge and got the Smart Keyboard Cover, it is a cracker.

Right now my iPad Pro 9.7" is still only protected by that, and I'm actually thinking about keeping it that way, especially as I got Apple Care+ for the first time.

Am I crazy?
    I don't think you are, and like you, I only have the Smart Keyboard cover for my 9.7" iPad Pro, and I know I'm not getting anything else for it........Its not a secret that I don't like putting cases on my devices. I don't have one of my iPhone and I don't have one on my Watch.
    OZsMac likes this.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,962 Global Posts

Some other 9.7-inch iPad Pro case w keyboard options I've found... can't vouch for quality here, but worth a look if you're not satisfied with the Apple case!

FWIW - met with the folks at ZAGG at CES. Good people.
    iMore Nanite

Hobdell, nice setup!

Do you mind posting a picture of the front of your device with the keyboard open?

Thanks
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb3408 View Post
    Hobdell, nice setup!

Do you mind posting a picture of the front of your device with the keyboard open?

Thanks
    Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1460670208.625596.jpg
    Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1460670221.518112.jpg
    Soapm likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Default Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!

Pad & Quill has a very nice leather case that I've preordered that is compatible with Apple's Smart Keyboard. It should arrive in June.

Here's the link to their website page: http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=O6gdJUnI

http://media.padandquill.com/media/c...o-case_1_3.jpg
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Some other 9.7-inch iPad Pro case w keyboard options I've found... can't vouch for quality here, but worth a look if you're not satisfied with the Apple case!

FWIW - met with the folks at ZAGG at CES. Good people.
    Do you know if the new Zagg keyboards have the proper cutouts?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Anyone have the Griffin Survivor Slim yet?
    iMore Nanite

I went with the apple silicone front and rear cover as well. They are on the expensive side, however, the silicone is not cheap or flimsy by any standard and they are well crafted.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,962 Global Posts

For those looking at options from Griffin, plenty of options:

Amazon: Griffin iPad Pro Cases
    iMore Nanite

There is a slim plastic back case from Incipio Feather. It is designed in a way that links an Apple front cover to the Feather backer. Works just as good, if not better than a magnet. The catch is that FEather hasn't released this for the Pro yet. Keep watching for it. In the meantime, check out the IPad Air version on Amazon or Incipio web site.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I just got this one. Works well, has a loop to hold the pencil

https://urbanarmorgear.com/collectio...nt=16816022404

Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!-b01b3j105k.pt02.v2.png Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!-b01b3j105k.pt04.png
    Last edited by bradgless; 04-26-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    eksoccer99 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

So I purchased the Luvvitt clear case (Smart-cover compatible) from AmazonCanada. It is the flexible type plastic affording a nice grip. Everything aligns well however, I may wind up selling it: the nub above the power button is way too difficult to press and taking screenshot becomes impossible.

Hobdell85, is the nub in Apple's case flexible enough to not require excessive force to switch the iPad on/off?
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #44  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,962 Global Posts

That looks chunky. Love it. Ruggedized FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankoCDN View Post
    So I purchased the Luvvitt clear case (Smart-cover compatible) from AmazonCanada. It is the flexible type plastic affording a nice grip. Everything aligns well however, I may wind up selling it: the nub above the power button is way too difficult to press and taking screenshot becomes impossible.

Hobdell85, is the nub in Apple's case flexible enough to not require excessive force to switch the iPad on/off?
    I have no issues with the apple case and any of the buttons
    iMore Nanite

Sweet, thanx phreddyl
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Slick Lizard Design to Debut SL8 Tablet Edition Multi-reversible Neoprene Sleeve at
    The National Stationery Show

(MASSAPEQUA, NY) May 9, 2016 Slick Lizard Design, a maker of cases and accessories that are fresh, functional, innovative and cool will be debuting SL8 Tablet Edition, their flagship product line at the 2016 National Stationery Show (NSS) at New York Citys Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, May 15 18, 2016. Slick Lizard Design will be exhibiting in booth #1210.

SL8 (pronounced slāte) is a multi-reversible neoprene sleeve designed to protect tablets and is is constructed out of multiple layers, four to be exact, of soft spongy neoprene. Each of these layers is double sided. There are also four coordinating flaps. These layers along with the matching flaps are combined in a way that makes this case reversible sixteen different ways, giving you sixteen different looks in one case. All you do is reach inside one of the openings and turn the case inside out to show a new color. Turn it again and get another color. Turn it again and turn it again. The flaps on both sides of the case allow you to further customize its look by flipping one of the flaps to the front or the back. We call this flippability."

SL8 Tablet Edition is sized to fit your Apple iPad Air, Apple iPad Air 2, the the newly introduced 9.7 iPad Pro as well as any similarly sized tablet or eReader. The 2 millimeter thick layers (8 millimeter total) of neoprene are designed to keep your device well padded.

Four different color-ways that will be available at launch. The initial color-ways are Tattoo, Leopard, Plaid and Camo.

Lucy Pellegrino, Founder stated, We are excited to launch SL8 Tablet Edition at NSS. We are looking forward to seeing the initial response from the marketplace. Our goal is to redefine how you protect and carry your gear and express your personal style with this innovative product.*

About Slick Lizard Design
    Slick Lizard Design, LLC., based in Massapequa, New York, designs cases and accessories that complement a mobile lifestyle. Today everyone is on the move and carrying devices they cant live without. They need a way to carry them, protect them, easily access them, and keep them organized with all of their other everyday items. What sets Slick Lizard Design apart is their belief that a case or bag can offer high quality protection with outstanding design. Slick Lizard Design will redefine how you protect and carry your gear and express your personal style with their innovative products. For more information, visit http://www.slicklizarddesign.com.

Press Contact:
    Lucy Pellegrino
    lucy@slicklizarddesign.com
    516-541-1133
    ###
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

iMore Nanite

It's great that we have so many options. I'll be opting for this one as soon as they make them available.

iPad Pro 9.7 Folio

The quality is world class and it has real integrated protection for the pencil.

Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!-maccase-leather-ipad-pro-case-front.jpg
    DarlaMack likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heyyitsmesusan View Post
    I hope Logitech or Zagg come out with a keyboard case soon. I ordered the $6.95 Moko case to hold me over in the meantime. Kinda sad there aren't that many cases out for it yet.
    Realize this is 2 months after your post. Just bought an iPad Pro 9.7 yesterday and bought a Zagg keyboard case at Walmart. The Zagg is made for iPad Air 2. Fits perfectly.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast