Can I read & send emails on my ipad air on a trip around Canada?

I

iMore Question

I have ipad air Version 9.2.1, live in the US and will travel in Canada this summer. Will I be able to retrieve and send emails while in Canada without cost? I am over 80 and am not up to jargon. Please give simple explanation.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Will you have access to free Wi-Fi? If so, then the answer is yes. If you have an unlimited cellular data plan or a decent sized data plan AND you're not incurring any roaming charges then you should still be able to send & receive email messages at not extra cost.

Commodus

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
If you connect your iPad to free Wi-Fi (such as at coffee shops, airports and some hotels) when you're in Canada, you can check email or otherwise do things online without added cost.

If you have an iPad with cellular data, you'll likely have to pay for data you use in Canada when not on Wi-Fi. This depends on your cellular provider, though. T-Mobile offers free basic data on tablets when traveling, but others usually want you to pay for international data plans. My suggestion: unless you need email wherever you are on your trip, it's easier to just wait until you can connect to Wi-Fi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro