I just upgraded to an iPad Pro 12.9 256 from an iPad Mini 3.

Hope247365

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Hope that w/new iPad Pro I won't have issues w/ space because of app I use for work? "Microsoft Office, Banking apps and such."

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: I just upgraded too a iPad Pro 12.9 256 from iPad mini 3

Welcome to iMore!

Congrats on your new device. A 256GB is a lot of storage. You should easily be able to manage your storage with that.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I have the 128 gig and it is doing well. Love this tablet. Awesome. I do recommend getting a case with a keyboard. I have logitech and it is called logi create keyboard case. I have had no issues with it. Typing on it is easy and it is a comfortable keyboard. Also there is never a worry about having to charge it up. No issue setting it up

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

Hope that w/new iPad Pro I won't have issues w/ space because of app I use for work? "Microsoft Office, Banking apps and such."

Firstly, warm welcome to iMore! Thanks for joining.

The difference between the iPad Pro and the iPad Mini 3 is a big jump in performance and I'm sure the space will be more than enough for all your App needs. No worries there. :) Even the latest Macbook Pros come with 256GB storage.

Let us know how things go over the next few week and if you have any question don't be shy to ask :)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

With 256 GB worth of storage I couldn't imagine you having storage issues with the applications you mentioned. Storage would only be an issue if you start putting a lot of movies and music on your iPad. Specifically HD movies. Apps alone shouldn't be a big issue to manage, I'd imagine.

Enjoy your new iPad. I love mine!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore!

Wow, that's a huge jump from the mini to the 12.9". I have the 128gb model and don't have issues with space. That said, I use mine mostly for data consumption. I don't put music or movies on it as that's pretty much all streamed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

256 GB is a LOT of storage space on any device, and as has been stated, it should be more than sufficient for your needs, in my opinion.

Hope247365

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site

Thanks for the input I'm still getting to know it and am very happy with it. I'm getting all my apps back on and picked up protection for both my iPhone 7+ and iPad Pro. Got a good deal on Groupon for Otterbox and screen protector and am waiting for it to come in. Thanks for the tips on movies and such I won't be downloading any of that on my devices. I've got Netflix, Amazon Prime and such as well as Movies123 for entertainment.

Thanks Hope247365

fhanselmann

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I'll second Jude526 and her recommendation of the Logitech Create keyboard. I've got one for my iPad Pro 12.9 256GB and I love the thing. I would not do it without a tempered glass screen protector though. As for storage? I haven't really touched it. Lots of music on the iPad. Movies and TV programs from Amazon Prime Video. It will handle quite a bit. Enjoy.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase! You should have no worries with 256 GB of storage. I'm going to recommend Apple's own Smart Keyboard. I like it more than the Create because I don't always like having the keyboard attached and it's super easy to detach and then re-attach.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase! You should have no worries with 256 GB of storage. I'm going to recommend Apple's own Smart Keyboard. I like it more than the Create because I don't always like having the keyboard attached and it's super easy to detach and then re-attach.

+1 ^^^^^

I hate having the keyboard always connected. I love the Smart Keyboard because it's easily removable and even when it's snapped on, it's low profile and doesn't add a ton of bulk or weight.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, another vote against the Logitech Create here (although some people love it!). I enjoy being able to go back and forth between keyboard and tablet use, which means I prefer the Apple Smart Keyboard or just a Magic Keyboard and a Smart Cover on the iPad.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

Welcome to iMore!

Congrats on your new device. A 256GB is a lot of storage. You should easily be able to manage your storage with that.

It is so hard! God i wish Apple gives us at least 1 TB iPad Pro's. GB is dead nowadays.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen