Do you use picture in picture?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if you all use picture in picture on your iPad Pro? I use mine all the time. Love having Netflix streaming while I'm answering emails or doing other work.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use it on my Mini 2. I love that I can watch Jim Cantore (Weather Channel) & browse forums at the same time

BTW...I'm still debating on whether to get the 12.9 or not

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if you all use picture in picture on your iPad Pro? I use mine all the time. Love having Netflix streaming while I'm answering emails or doing other work.

What i find really useful is when I'm doing a school project. You can have the assignment open on one 'screen' and the word document open on the other. Saves me from having to continuously switch between the PDF and word document. :D

It's the small things that really make the iPad Pro well worth the money. : )

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
What i find really useful is when I'm doing a school project. You can have the assignment open on one 'screen' and the word document open on the other. Saves me from having to continuously switch between the PDF and word document. :D

It's the small things that really make the iPad Pro well worth the money. : )

Agreed. I think you're talking about the split screen feature, not the picture in picture.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. I think you're talking about the split screen feature, not the picture in picture.

[Realizes Mistake], [Blushes], [walks away slowly] haha :D

You are right, i definitely miss read that. Maybe i shouldn't read iMore when I'm so tired haha.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I find myself using this on flights so I can do a bit of work whilst watching something. I found myself with mail open on the left half, excel on the right (needed to source some data from mail for an excel spreadsheet) whilst watching some West Wing reruns (I guess I'm hopeful of a better political situation in the USA)....and it worked just fine.

Re 12.9" question - I have both 9.7" (personal) and 12.9" (work issued, after I'd already purchased my 9.7"). It is a hard call, they are both amazing, but if I had to choose one and I had a 13" Laptop, I would have to choose the 9.7"

picnicmetoo

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I find myself using PIP more recently--it works so well, like that I can drag it to various corners while I work on the screen--also adjust size of it to a point.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I find myself using PIP more recently--it works so well, like that I can drag it to various corners while I work on the screen--also adjust size of it to a point.

Agree! I'm really thankful to be able to watch things while I finish work in the evenings. Makes it feel less like work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2