Here we go again

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Seems like its maybe deja vu all over again. In Nov 2015 I bought the iPad Air 2 after looking at the 12.9" and not wanting it. March 2016 the 9.7" iPad Pro was released and I bought it on the first day with att next. Last Dec I caved and bought the 12.9" iPad Pro st a good deal at Target. Now probably at the end of this month I'll probably, like almost everyone else, be looking at the new iPad pros.

Unless the new ones blow me away. I should be keeping my original one and not upgrading to the new one. We will just have to see what apple releases.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
It's never easy trying to decide on what to do till they actually release the new ones. Nobody but Apple knows what the specs will be or what new features will be added. Unless your devices are very outdated and you know for sure you will be upgrading it's tough.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I've upgraded my phone every year since the 6 plus. The iPads are a different story. I don't do that much with the big Pro except Netflix and YouTube and some games. Since I got this in December I shouldn't even be considering an upgrade unless they put Xcode on it which I doubt very much.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My next purchase will be a new 13" MBP. My 9.7" iPad Pro has been my MacBook replacement, but as I've stated on numerous occasions, I still prefer to do some things on an actual laptop. Put macOS on the iPad Pro then I'll be ecstatic...

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Any chance the new 12.9" iPad will have Xcode capability? Also you know that Mac OS on the iPad probably will never happen. Xcode maybe but not Mac OS.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Being new to Apple on a personal level I have the 4 gadgets that will be lasting me for quite awhile. We use the ipad at work so I knew what I would be getting. But I purchased from Verizon so have the cellular built in. 12.9 and love it. I have the 7plus and the watch. Last week I caved in and got the 2015 Mac Pro. I still like having a laptop but didn't want to use my HP anymore. I have the verizon jet pack for my home internet and the HP was running slow, lagging and it isn't that old. I have always felt HP ran sluggish though.I don't like windows 10 so a good excuse ! I am impressed with the Mac Pro. Still learning things on it though. It is fast and no lag. I was able to get my HP wireless printer set up quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2