Just bought an Apple Pencil

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I've played around with it a little bit and I think it's kind of cute but I honestly don't know how much I will really use it! I downloaded a drawing for adults app too so that'll be something to kill time with. Ha!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My Pencil is my expensive stylus that I use almost any time I'm using my iPad Pro. I also use it for signing purposes. Anyway, looking back, I shouldn't have purchased it, but since I did, I'm going to use it, even if only as a typical stylus.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I often have to remind myself I have it. Definitely isn't something I get much use out of. For artists and graphic design professionals I imagine it's an awesome companion item. But for the average user, I'm not sure how useful it actually is. iOS is built for our fingers so to trick myself into using a "stylus" is tough, for me.

Your usage may vary and I hope it does! It's an expensive accessory to not use!

Enjoy!!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I've played around with it a little bit and I think it's kind of cute but I honestly don't know how much I will really use it! I downloaded a drawing for adults app too so that'll be something to kill time with. Ha!

I would have to agree. The Apple Pencil is 'cute' and has a ton of hardware features and a lot of work has gone into improving precision with pressure sensitivities ect, but i just don't see myself using one. Also, i can't store it anywhere on the iPad. I need to get a separate attachment. So spending $100 for one just doesn't seem worth it. My finger is free and works fine haha :D

Hope you enjoy it though. :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Coming from Samsung and the Note series devices, I am used to the stylus and was using half the time. I have thought about getting the pencil but to be honest, I have not really done anything on the ipad that would require it. I am not a graphic artist. I know I can find a decent price on it because I shop around, but if I am not going to use it, then even if a good deal, it is not money wisely spent. I am not using my Samsung watch as much as I should be because I caved in and got the Apple Watch. The Samsung watch being compatible with the iphone made it easy for me to switch to Apple. And it is on a contract. I need to use it, its a nice watch, but I am really loving the Apple Watch. LOL

Floridadomer

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been watching for a good price on ebay but most of them still end up being about 85 dollars.
I am not sure how much I would use it so if I could find one that is less expensive, it would take the sting out of it later if its not used much.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been watching for a good price on ebay but most of them still end up being about 85 dollars.
I am not sure how much I would use it so if I could find one that is less expensive, it would take the sting out of it later if its not used much.

You should just buy mine.
I hardly ever use it.

My daughter uses it for filling out her orchestra practice charts in google classroom and then I sign it and submit it. Other than that, I pull it out once in awhile to draw diagrams at work during meetings.

I can think of better things I could've done with that

Floridadomer

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I hardly ever use it.

My daughter uses it for filling out her orchestra practice charts in google classroom and then I sign it and submit it. Other than that, I pull it out once in awhile to draw diagrams at work during meetings.

PM Sent

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I hardly ever use it.

Does drawing diagrams here mean doodling? Just kidding.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
As an audio/video integrator I use mine continuously. I have several design apps on my iPad that I use daily so it's quite nice to have from a business perspective. Also works great with word search games. :)

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a used Apple Keyboard and Pencil for $120 on eBay. They both are in the box and seem brand new. I haven't used the pencil yet, but just got it last week.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a used Apple Keyboard and Pencil for $120 on eBay. They both are in the box and seem brand new. I haven't used the pencil yet, but just got it last week.

That's an awesome deal. The Smart Keyboard alone cost me more than that.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
That's an awesome deal. The Smart Keyboard alone cost me more than that.

I actually had a very lucky day that day. I had been watching Swappa for a couple weeks waiting for a good deal on a 12.9. I never buy used devices, but I didn't want to pay full price knowing of the new ones are expected to come out and not knowing if I would like the size. Plus I wanted a cellular version since I have a tablet line on Verizon. I managed to find a newly posted Mint 128 Gold with three cases for $635 (new seller). Then I found the keyboard and Pencil on eBay. Everything was in perfect condition. So far very happy with my purchase!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I haven't wanted the pencil and I thought I would since I came from Samsung Note series with the spen. But I haven't had withdrawal from not having the spen. I think that is a good sign for now. I can always get it down the road if I really want it. I "fought" not getting the Mac Pro for about a month. I really had to think it out and I did cave in....happily though. LOL.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods