Gaming on an ipad Pro (12-inch)

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
If u can game on a smaller Air 2 or even mini, why shouldn't the be said of the bigger brother ?

Just because u can use it more with the Apple pencil as creativity device, i would think u can still use it a a big screen for movies, or games... So do people use a 12-inch for this as well ?

You may not be able to use it in one hand as easily as u can the smaller tablets, but its still a big screen. or do we find its not that useful for gaming, and instead a smaller device is better suited..

If so, why is that? What separates a bigger screen like the 12-inch away from what is just as possible for a smaller screen.

I would think a bigger screen would be 'better'

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Gameing on an ipad Pro (12-inch)

Might be the added weight. except for casual games, most iOS games excpect you to hold the tabled with both hands so you can use both thumbs to use the screen. when it's too heavy it doesn't really work well for longer periods. I even notice it with my iPad 9.7 inch. (although there's a lifeproof case around it which adds some weight).

If you have games where you can use the iPad when it lies on your lap or table, and you don't need your hands to hold it. Then it would be nice to have a big screen.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
That's what I'm trying to find out. It was kind of easy with the new 9.7" Pro but now since I've got the 12.9" one it seems harder to do since your holding it.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Also with the bigger screen, since your holding it close it might not be a good idea. Remember when you were little and your parents always told you to back up from the tv that your too close. This seems a little like that. That's what I'm concerned about. And I just had cataract surgery last year and laser surgery two weeks ago for distortion on one eye but it's good now.

That's why if I keep the big Pro I might have to keep the smaller one too just for gaming and other stuff I can't seem to put into words.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
You can also invest in a wireless controller for games (if the games support it). Then the bigger screen can be further away and you have a more optimal gameplay.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Other stuff I can't put In words doesn't mean bad things. If I keep the 12.9" one and give the smaller one to my kids, I might buy a mini 4 just for the gaming. I think the big one is a little too big FOR ME to game on. Strategy games like sim city build it might be okay but I don't know about others.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You can also invest in a wireless controller for games (if the games support it). Then the bigger screen can be further away and you have a more optimal gameplay.

My thought exactly. Although I haven't tried this, sounds awesome.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Actually, the iPad Pro is great for the slew of good board games available on iOS that you'd play around a table (games like Carcassone, Splendor, Forbidden Island, Pandemic, etc.). The bigger screen makes it much easier to see everything when its lying flat and everyone's sitting around it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro