Why iPad Pro?

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Apart from the bigger screen and drawing (being the biggest reason to have a bigger screen) with the Apple pencil, why doe sit stand out from the 9.7 ? Using the 'right tool for the right job' could still be said today, but not as much as before, because u you gotta do is wait a year, and everything comes to the smaller devices anyway + the portability makes it that much better

So why do people get the iPad Pro 12'inch ? I guess what i'm saying is, why make things complicated by having a small and large model on the go, when one will just do nicely? all u gotta do it wait. Plus when people find out the new same features exist, i wonder how many of the iPad Pro 12-inch users trade theirs in for a smaller one.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I bought the iPP due to its bigger screen and for taking notes with the Apple Pencil. It's fast, lighter than my rMBP and fun to use!

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I bought the 9.7" Pro right when they were released. But last Wednesday target had a good sale that I couldn't pass up so I bought the big one. I still have the small Pro but once I get used to the big one I might give the smaller one to my kids to use.

I also have a 15" rMBP & 7 plus.

sticbow

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I have owned iPads since the 1st generation.. and have owned one of each through the years with the exception of the 9.7 Pro with that being said.. here is my take on that question..

When the iPad Pro came out I was using the Air 2 I drooled over the big screen when it was revealed. So I rummaged through the couches etc to find the funds to buy one. Well.. I soon found myself in a love hate relationship..

The 12.9 is rather large to carry everywhere dr appts etc.. I feel like everyone is watching..lol.. but to the personal vices.. I have become accustomed to the keyboard on the smaller iPads.. the 12.9 is a more traditional laptop layout and takes some time getting used to in an iPad. Then many and I mean many websites games apps and looking through yahoo for images seem stretched way out.. it's like Apple didn't do something right.. the pages are stretched to fit. And do not fill the screen correctly.

for some these issues may not matter, but for me it is extremely annoying.especially considering the price that I paid..

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
How do you game on this thing? I hold the iPad down by my knees and the screen seems so big compared to the 9.7" one. By the way I'm sitting down.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apart from the bigger screen and drawing (being the biggest reason to have a bigger screen) with the Apple pencil, why doe sit stand out from the 9.7 ? Using the 'right tool for the right job' could still be said today, but not as much as before, because u you gotta do is wait a year, and everything comes to the smaller devices anyway + the portability makes it that much better

So why do people get the iPad Pro 12'inch ? I guess what i'm saying is, why make things complicated by having a small and large model on the go, when one will just do nicely? all u gotta do it wait. Plus when people find out the new same features exist, i wonder how many of the iPad Pro 12-inch users trade theirs in for a smaller one.

It appears you're asking us for our opinions but then answering those questions for us with your own opinions. Listen, it is always good to have choices simply because we all have different preferences. As a business, if a good deal of your consumer base who didn't buy the 12.9" model told you that they would have if you had offered a 9.7" model, would you not go out and create a 9.7" model? Furthermore, sizes ebbs and flows. I remember people saying that my Blackberry 7290 was like a concrete block. Now, large size smartphones are all the rage.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I still have my 9.7" iPad Pro. It's been about 1 week with the 12.9" one and I'm kinda unsure whether I'm gonna keep it or take it back.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
It appears you're asking us for our opinions but then answering those questions for us with your own opinions. Listen, it is always good to have choices simply because we all have different preferences. As a business, if a good deal of your consumer base who didn't buy the 12.9" model told you that they would have if you had offered a 9.7" model, would you not go out and create a 9.7" model? Furthermore, sizes ebbs and flows. I remember people saying that my Blackberry 7290 was like a concrete block. Now, large size smartphones are all the rage.

While its answering my own question, that's not really helping getting feedback from others who may think differently than me. I'm just saying how it is, if people just wait a bit, vs their excitement kicks in and they'd rather have it now. Besides, it wouldn't explain *why* people want theirs immediately.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I love the iPad Pro because of its upgraded screen. It really looks gorgeous and worth the upgrade over a iPad Air 2. I also enjoy the new camera. The 12mp sensor is really good and a fair improvement over previous iPad models. Also, the stereo speaks are awesome for watching movies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While its answering my own question, that's not really helping getting feedback from others who may think differently than me.
You're right, and that's my point. If you ask a question or ask for the opinion of others, let "us" answer your question and/or give "our" opinion instead of answering for us.
I'm just saying how it is, if people just wait a bit, vs their excitement kicks in and they'd rather have it now. Besides, it wouldn't explain *why* people want theirs immediately.
Dude, it's human nature. Here's a scenario for you. I'm assuming you're a guy. If not, switch the scenario around. Anyway, you're at a party and you see this girl you've been crazy about for years, but never had the opportunity to know. Well, she approaches you and starts a conversation. The both of you hit it off well and are enjoying the party and each other's company. All of a sudden, she whispers in your ear that she wants you intimately NOW! Are you going to tell her to just wait a bit? ..... Let me answer the question for you....NO, you're not....

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I specifically wanted an iPad mini because of its size and portability.

I guess with the iPad Pro Apple marketed it at people who were going to replace their laptops / desktops rather than the average tablet user?

As I'm not looking to do that I've not regretted my iPad mini decision

Sean Brennan

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Why do people get the 12.9 in iPad Pro? Have you used it? Played games on it? Seems to me the answer is understanding what people use the iPad for in the first place. You don't buy the iPad 12.9 with the intent of lugging it around everywhere you go. You buy it for the screen size and CPU strength and ability. You buy it because most people probably have more than one Apple product and actually use all those products to accomplish tasks. Furthermore, if you are a true Apple fan you buy the best. All those little specs they throw out there mean more to an Apple fan than anyone else, why? Because Apple fans value tech ecosystems. Start something on the iPhone 6s and finish it on your iPad Pro. I use my Apple Watch, 6 plus, 6s and IPad Pro everyday throughout my day to be as productive and efficient as possible. Your question leads me to believe you simply do not really understand technology which requires out of the box thinking

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am excited to get it. I just hope I can get my HP two laptops sold they have been barely used. I am wanting to be APPLE.
Maybe someday a mac laptop but I think the ipad pro will suit my needs

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner