Refurbished?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPad air 2now and I am thinking about getting the iPad Pro 12.9 inch but the price is a deterrent. A refurbished one would be several hundred dollars cheaper but I'm just not sure about it. I've never bought anything refurbished. Does anyone have any experience with refurbished devices?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you buying the refurbished one from apple? If so I say absolutely go for it. They are as good as new and come with the same warrantee. I have purchased a number of refurbished items from them without issue.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you buying the refurbished one from apple? If so I say absolutely go for it. They are as good as new abs come with the same warrantee. I have purchased a number of refurbished items from them without issue.

I second this. Apple's refurbs are great and they always come with a brand new battery. Most importantly, they carry the same warranty as a new product.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I just made the leap and ordered an iPad Pro 12.9 inch, gold, 128 GB. Now I have to work on selling my old one!

I just bought a refurbished iPad Pro 9.7 inch, Space Gray, 128 GB. Any iPad can have a problem. Refurbished models were new once) and since Apple gives you the same 1 year, I always think it's a good idea. But like others have said, only from Apple for me.

Justinj01

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I've never had trouble with certified refurbished items by reputable companies and I've purchased many reforms, I agree, go for it if it's Apple!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPad air 2now and I am thinking about getting the iPad Pro 12.9 inch but the price is a deterrent. A refurbished one would be several hundred dollars cheaper but I'm just not sure about it. I've never bought anything refurbished. Does anyone have any experience with refurbished devices?

If its got the 'CPO' or 'Referb' tag, then Apple has had a look at it and said it works like brand new except its 2nd hand. I would say definitely go for the 'Referb' if money is an issue. You getting the exact same product but it may not be in pristine condition. :)

JT2050

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Thumbs up on Apple's refurbs. I have purchased many and never had a problem. They come "as new" and only you and the several hundred dollars in your pocket will know the it's not.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Refurbished from Apple is like buying new minus the fancy packaging. You still get the one year warranty and can add AppleCare if you want.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought a MacBook Pro as a refers from Apple in 2012, added the AppleCare and was still under the price of them new. Been using the laptop daily since and never a problem with hardware or software.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen