Any regrets buying the 12.9" iPad Pro?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Any regrets buying the 12.9? Any dust collectors ?

Targets got 15% off plus 5% on red card. 20% is still not enough for me to buy now with hopefully the new ones right around the corner.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

I don't have a 12.9 myself (though whenever I upgrade next I plan to) but a family member got one recently. They initially had reservations that the big one would be less useful for certain tasks (reading around the house, etc.) but they've come around to preferring the bigger screen even for those tasks. It is a huge step up in size though, and changes the iPad from something you can just throw in your bag without noticing into a device you have to plan to take with you, if that makes sense.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Nope, I did not regret it at all. I mainly use it for taking notes during lecture/tutorial

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site

I really plan to get one when the 2nd generation comes out. Atm I have a 9,7 with a lot of sheet music on it which is use for playin the organ/piano. But a bigger size, and ability to write in the score would be a lot more convenient.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

My father has one and is extremely happy with it – finally a capable (!) computing device he fully knows how to use…

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

I like it so much but to be honestly the weight is a bit heavy, 9.7" is lighter but small for me, Maybe next year 10.7" would be a solution after all.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

I use my 12.9" daily and love it. It's replaced my laptop for everything but very labor intensive tasks like video editing (which I don't do much of, but on occasion). Email, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, web, GoToMeetings, Movie Watching and now DirectTVNow for TV when I'm traveling, all replaced with my Pro. You just can't beat the portability of it. I use it with the Apple Keyboard and it's awesome because of the extremely low profile (my only gripe with it is that there isn't multiple viewing angles in keyboard mode). Battery life is stellar. My company doesn't allow tethering so I got the one with Data and it's so great having a connection wherever I go. I bought it at launch and would by it again in a heartbeat. With each iOS update it's only gotten better.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I regretted it. It was too big to carry around every where. So I sold it in July and bought the 9.7 Pro.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

I was thinking about getting one for my wife. She is a photographer - and it could she shots after the shoot, do a little editing when she is away from her computer. I bought her an iPad 3 - for those same reasons and it used only for Netflix. I dream that she could use it like a Wacom tablet for photo editing on the Mac and use the pen to edit directly. But I'm not sure it wouldn't become a bigger, better Netflix screen. I also don't know whether to buy 9.7 or 12.9? So I don't get it. For the money, maybe be better spent on a Mac laptop to be more like her iMac.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

As a digital artist, the 12.9 model has been a life changer. SO great for drawing!

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

No regrets here, I don't use it as often as I did when I first purchased it but I still love it.

nthknd

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

I have both pros and use them differently, I believe I would get it again, it can be heavy but it's great never the less. Get one from a place that you can return it if you don't like it. That way you'll have some time to get use to it or not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative