Any regrets buying the 12.9" iPad Pro?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Any regrets buying the 12.9? Any dust collectors ?

I did the same. Got the 9.7" when they were released and bought the 12.9" last week. Don't know if I'm keeping the big one or not.

Thought about switching the SIM cards since the 9.7" has cellular, than I realized that since the 12.9" one is wi if only that there's no SIM card in it. I'll have to use my 7 plus as a hotspot when I'm out.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: Any regrets buying the 12.9? Any dust collectors ?

I am now a complete Apple user. Iphone, the watch and ordered the 12.7 ipad pro I still have my Samsung 9.7 tablet though...this tab I intend to keep . no issues with it. And if I need a tab on the go will take it. I got the 12.7 because I want more of the laptop feel.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I am now a complete Apple user. Iphone, the watch and ordered the 12.7 ipad pro I still have my Samsung 9.7 tablet though...this tab I intend to keep . no issues with it. And if I need a tab on the go will take it. I got the 12.7 because I want more of the laptop feel.

Awesome!
Enjoy them :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Thx. Waiting patiently for ipad to arrive. Backordered

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

It's back ordered many places. Not because it's a hot item but likely new model coming out this Spring.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

If you're going for a laptop experience I HIGHLY recommend the Apple Smart Keyboard. It isn't cheap but it's portable, easy to remove, and also acts as a cover. I picked up the keyboard and a cheap rear shell cover on Amazon and they work great together.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Verizin sold out on 12.9. I was originally yod March. Will have Wed. I purchased the logitech create case keyboard combo. I didnt like the Apple branded one

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Verizin sold out on 12.9. I was originally yod March. Will have Wed. I purchased the logitech create case keyboard combo. I didnt like the Apple branded one

I'd say that's a good decision. My biggest issue with the Apple Smart Keyboard is that the viewing angle isn't adjustable.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

No regrets. I thought I might regret it initially but have adjusted to the size and love having the extra screen real estate. It it a tad heavier than I like but I adjusted to it. I, too, would recommend the Smart Keyboard. Great accessory!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Loving the logo create keyboard case. Types nicely. Love the back lighting. Never have to worry about charging it like I do with the logitech I have for my Samsung tablet. I highly recommend this keyboard/case

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Loving the logo create keyboard case. Types nicely. Love the back lighting. Never have to worry about charging it like I do with the logitech I have for my Samsung tablet. I highly recommend this keyboard/case

I'm guessing you mean the Logitech Create? I've never tried it but glad to hear that you approve. I'm a Smart Keyboard gal myself.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Yes but it is called on this one. Logi. Even on the keyboard. For short. LOL
Logi create

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Any regrets buying the 12.9? Any dust collectors ?

Yes but it is called on this one. Logi. Even on the keyboard. For short. LOL
Logi create

Yeah I have a webcam that says "Logi" on it too. Weird.

If the Create could be easily removed (I often use my iPad simply as a tablet) I would have been sold on it. I especially liked the backlit keys.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I have a webcam that says "Logi" on it too. Weird.

If the Create could be easily removed (I often use my iPad simply as a tablet) I would have been sold on it. I especially liked the backlit keys.

That's why I went with the Smart Keyboard. I like being able to switch back and forth between "laptop" and tablet mode.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

That's why I went with the Smart Keyboard. I like being able to switch back and forth between "laptop" and tablet mode.

Yep. I received the Create as a Christmas gift, used it for a week, and then returned it and went back to the Smart Keyboard. The Create has a "tablet mode" but you're essentially resting the exposed back of your iPad on the metal surface of the Create. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

Use it everyday and love it. Prefer writing in Scrivener on it and it's also useful for quick tweaks to my apps and websites, a quick push to GitHub. Nice piece of kit to be sure.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

I had a 9.7 Pro that I purchased, then work kindly purchased me a 12.9. I never thought I'd need or really like the 12.9, I figured one would be better off just using a laptop at that point. Yet here I am at our holiday cabin typing this on the 12.9 iPad Pro, the device that I always reach for by default.\

I use my 9.7 Pro for coffee meeting notes and also on planes, this last point is important as the 12.9" is too large for most airlines to consider a handheld tablet so you can't use it during takeoff and landing phases, also it doesn't really fit on the table travy in ecconomy (just like a 13" laptop doesn't fit), so if you do fly quite a bit on short haul, the 9.7" might be a better choice.

Word of caution, and rightfully called out by the other posters, the 12.9 is now due an update. Whilst it is still a dam near perfect device, if you are the type that has latest and greatest technology needs (as I do) then it might be worth waiting.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I had a 9.7 Pro that I purchased, then work kindly purchased me a 12.9. I never thought I'd need or really like the 12.9, I figured one would be better off just using a laptop at that point. Yet here I am at our holiday cabin typing this on the 12.9 iPad Pro, the device that I always reach for by default.\

I use my 9.7 Pro for coffee meeting notes and also on planes, this last point is important as the 12.9" is too large for most airlines to consider a handheld tablet so you can't use it during takeoff and landing phases, also it doesn't really fit on the table travy in ecconomy (just like a 13" laptop doesn't fit), so if you do fly quite a bit on short haul, the 9.7" might be a better choice.

Word of caution, and rightfully called out by the other posters, the 12.9 is now due an update. Whilst it is still a dam near perfect device, if you are the type that has latest and greatest technology needs (as I do) then it might be worth waiting.

I just used my 12.9" today on the airplane with no issues. My daughter had it set up on the table tray and it worked really well.

anon(2763304)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

No regrets, I use mine daily. Daily note taking, as a desk calendar next to my PC, great for public speaking, at meetings for notes and following agendas. Love the split screen (and it's big enough to use). I would not hesitate to buy again, of course I do have an older iPad 4 for running errands, easier to carry.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

No regrets, I use mine daily. Daily note taking, as a desk calendar next to my PC, great for public speaking, at meetings for notes and following agendas. Love the split screen (and it's big enough to use). I would not hesitate to buy again, of course I do have an older iPad 4 for running errands, easier to carry.

You run errands with an ipad 4?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal