12.9" iPad Pro & third party apps

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Are the third party apps optimized on the 12.9" iPad Pro since iOS 10 is released? I'm really thinking about buying one but I'm not sure about the optimization of these apps. I've read before that some apps don't fit the screen. They say some third party apps are like in the middle of the screen and you have a black border around them. Is this true? Has anyone experienced this or this is just nonsense talk?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for answering back. I'm waiting till the MacBook announcement next week to see if the new ones are being announced. If not than I'm buying one on att next.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
12.9" iPad Pro & third party apps

What apps are you referring to? I'm talking about third party apps. I would think the apple apps and probably Microsoft office wouldn't have any problems.

Murpheee

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Yep, all apps on my pro work and scale perfectly. Apple apps and Non-apple apps. You will probably come across a few that are not optimized but the developers have been hot on iOS 10 and all my apps have been updated since the release. You will enjoy it!

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
The apps that you find which do not fit to scale (have the black border you talk of) are ones which are not written for iPads in general, in other words they are written for the iPhone only.
There are a lot of third-party apps which take advantage of the additional screen size and resolution on the iPad Pro 12.9". Look at the comments on apps and where the developer says it supports the Pro then rest assured it is using it to its maximum value.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: 12.9" iPad Pro & third party apps

What apps are you referring to? I'm talking about third party apps. I would think the apple apps and probably Microsoft office wouldn't have any problems.

I'm referring third party apps, which is what you were asking about. iPhone-only apps have always scaled like that but universal apps look great on the larger display.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2