Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By floreez
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default iPad pro 2

Are new ipad pros going to be announced with the macbook pro announcement on October 27th? I have the 9.7' ipad pro and I'm thinking about buying the 12.9" one. I also have the iphone 7 plus 256gb, and a late 2013 15" rMBP bootcamped with WIN 10. My 9.7" ipad pro is 128gb. I'm hearing that the ipads are not going to be released until spring of 2017. Do i buy one now? I really don't need one. It is probably about want rather about need. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Default Re: iPad pro 2

Enjoy the iPad Pro you currently own and try not to get caught up in hype when new products are introduced. Having said that, if the 9.7" iPad Pro is too small for you then go ahead and buy the larger version now.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

It's not about having a new one when they are released. It's about whether I buy one now. The smaller one is not going anywhere, I plan on keeping it. With ATT next you have 14 days on the return period to decide if you want to keep it or not. I'm thinking about buying it on next and trying it out and then deciding about keeping it. If I buy it now and keep it then i'm stuck with it and no A10 chip. So for now I'm waiting for the MacBook announcement and see if the new ones are released now or in the spring. Then either I buy the first generation or wait for the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Khadija View Post
    It's not about having a new one when they are released. It's about whether I buy one now. The smaller one is not going anywhere, I plan on keeping it. With ATT next you have 14 days on the return period to decide if you want to keep it or not. I'm thinking about buying it on next and trying it out and then deciding about keeping it. If I buy it now and keep it then i'm stuck with it and no A10 chip. So for now I'm waiting for the MacBook announcement and see if the new ones are released now or in the spring. Then either I buy the first generation or wait for the second one.
    Oh okay. I understand now, but your initial post did not disclose what you are now disclosing. Anyway, I still suggest you get what the device now. The iPad Pro, whether 12.9 or 9.7, is a beast and will be for several years, in my opinion.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Thinking about whether true tone is coming on the 12.9" pro and whether it makes that much of a difference between the two sizes. Especially on the big one.
    iMore Nanite

I just got a Pro 12.9 128gb and 4g LTE version yesterday...... now I'm waiting to come :-)
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

You were not concerned about the new one? What carrier are you with? ATT next is about $60 a month for about 20 or so months.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Intermediate

Oops! Didn't read your post right.
    iMore Nanite

I really want to get a 12.9 pro, but waiting for 2nd gen.
    rellyrellz likes this.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Intermediate

Yea me too. Sometimes almost tempted to buy one now but hopefully it won't be too long now. I hope.
    iMore Nanite

My reason for waiting is mostly vanity I could use the 12inch one, but really wanted in pink (rose gold). Well hopefully spring time we'll get some iPad love.
    iMore Newbie

I love my 12.9 pro. Im not interested in upgrading it anytime soon.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I also want the 2nd gen 12.9 inch ipad Pro
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

I was really hoping for a updated 12.9 iPad Pro. I think i will wait until 2 gen. I really really really hope they do the matte black color. Im assuming March is when they will release the like the did the 9.7 Pro