Finally Received my Byrdge Pro Keyboard 12.9

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my space grey keyboard at the beginning of July, on their site at the time it indicated that it was "now shipping." Needless to say it has finally arrived, and wow what a nice keyboard. I will post pictures soon. If anyone has any questions about this keyboard feel free to ask.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
175726e92eeadf554a8789105f106e1e.jpg
84e6cc64c3d3a625ac1c3d01cc3d6245.jpg
eb7642b699675a638cf6d6516697a360.jpg
2cd171592eebdcf43a5ee7df6a13d6a0.jpg
3b6dac67359eb3fca26985f4ecd52441.jpg

Overall its a very solid product. They almost got the color matched properly (the base is slightly darker than the the space gray of the iPad) ... it's all aluminum and really makes the iPad feel more like a laptop. Keys are nice and backlit however slightly mushy, not as light as a MacBook Pro keyboard.

Andy847

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I was looking at this keyboard and it's very sharp looking. Now that you shared your experience with it, it does help me decide. The part that might make it a deal breaker is the Mushy feeling to the keys. Also, at the high price point, much more expensive than the other keyboards out there, that's another deterring factor for me. I'll have to see if I can try it first at a store somewhere if it becomes available.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at this keyboard and it's very sharp looking. Now that you shared your experience with it, it does help me decide. The part that might make it a deal breaker is the Mushy feeling to the keys. Also, at the high price point, much more expensive than the other keyboards out there, that's another deterring factor for me. I'll have to see if I can try it first at a store somewhere if it becomes available.

I would think that it will eventually available to test at your local AT&T store as they typically sell them once they become readily available. It is a very nice device, the keys are easy to get used to. The more that I use it I am discovering that I actually like them better than the apple SMART Keyboard cover that I was using before. Another small gripe that I have noticed is that the back lighting lights up the number row very bright vs the rest of the keyboard, then again the keyboard is slightly pitched when opened up (A nice feature). Overall I am happy with this device.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I did discover a couple of issues that I thought I should share for those considering this keyboard. (1) YouTube full screen is difficult as the button to reduce the video back to the page or app sits right next to the hinge and is very hard to tap (without Apple Pencil) and (2) You cannot invoke control center while attached due to the back deck of the keyboard being in the way of the swipe.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I did discover a couple of issues that I thought I should share for those considering this keyboard. (1) YouTube full screen is difficult as the button to reduce the video back to the page or app sits right next to the hinge and is very hard to tap (without Apple Pencil) and (2) You cannot invoke control center while attached due to the back deck of the keyboard being in the way of the swipe.

Very good observation about control center and thanks for sharing that tidbit. I wonder if there is a keyboard shortcut to open control center?

Jeff Donald

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I've had the Brydge keyboard for my 12.9 since early November. It replaced a Zagg that the hinges kept breaking on. Zagg was good about replacing the keyboard for free, but after 6 replacements I gave up and bought a Brydge.

It has several minor annoyances, but the swipe to Control Center was "fixed" by using the Assitive Touch in Accessability, Settings>General>Accessability>Assitive Touch. Now i get to Control Center with just two touches on the screen. Perhaps not as quick as a swipe, but it works every time, as opposed to multiple attempts to swip.

The other minor annoyances are for me, backlight for key not light enough, not as easy to open as other keyboards/notebooks I've had (needs a cut out like the MacBook Pro's), hinge slipping when extended past about 130°, and sharp almost unfinished edge around keyboard. It's not sharp enough to cut, but it can be uncomfortable.

The keyboard/keys took a week or so to really adjust to, but overall the typing experience is positive. The hinge slipping is very minor because I rarely have a need to extend the screen that far. The hinges grip the iPad Pro very securely and I've never had an issue with the screen moving up or out of the hinge. The hinge does not damage the screen like the Logitech.

The Brydge 12.9 Keyboard case is the best out of the three I've used and would recommend it highly now that the price has dropped to $149 USD or lower depending on retailer and sales.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am not seeing an issue on my screen and I have the Logitech. I am hoping there won't be a problem. I have another Logitech and no issues with it .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro