Can someone give me quick synopsis why I should or shouldn't ?
    How is the keyboard attachment? Is it close to a laptop?
    Thx
    07-27-2016 06:58 PM
    If you need a laptop, get a laptop. The iPad Pro for some maybe be sufficient enough to replace their laptops, but for me that's not the case.

The iPad Pro has a great 12.9" display, which makes multitasking really enjoyable. The iPP is also a beast, it flies through everything. It also has that great iPad battery life that lasts forever. I personally use my iPP to take down notes with the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard, I only use my rMBP when I'm at home nowadays

Hope that helps!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-27-2016 07:06 PM
    How is the typing ? Can you save a word doc ? A file ?
    Thx
    07-27-2016 09:54 PM
    How is the typing ? Can you save a word doc ? A file ?
    Thx
    Yes you can! Keyboard feels great, and it's light too. Only problem is that it doesn't offer backlit keys.
    maximusaurelius likes this.
    07-27-2016 10:08 PM
    07-27-2016 10:32 PM
    Apparently that case scratches the screen, hence why I went with the Smart Keyboard instead, love how it feels!!
    maximusaurelius likes this.
    07-27-2016 11:05 PM
    Oh OK, By the way since I'm new to Smart Keyboard and iPad pro myself, I want to know how to select an App on Home Screen via Smart Keyboard? no Applauncher just select an app first like using TAB on PC?
    07-27-2016 11:22 PM
    Thx
    You should purchase one. The screen is great being as big as it is. The keyboard works. You would not need any external keyboard.
    07-28-2016 05:27 PM
    my case doesn't scratch the screen.... now I'm paranoid to take the darn thing off....
    07-28-2016 05:39 PM
    Thx

I bought it soon after launch and I am a little disappointed. The battery life isn't that great, the keyboard is good to type on but doesn't stay on that well. It is fine on a table but not on your lap.

The Apple Pencil is a waste, unless you are doing art and drawing and artistic stuff and the way you charge the pencil is a disaster waiting to happen. I will either break it or lose it.

It is heavy to hold and watch movies with.

It is a great machine, but not for me and if I had to do it over again, I would have stay with my Ipad Air 2.
    07-29-2016 02:26 PM
    I have both the Air 2 and the Pro 12.9. I prefer the larger screen, mainly for split screen use. The Air 2 screen is really too small to make effective use of split screen; the Pro 12.9 is like having two iPad Minis side-by-side, and I make heavy use of it. I like have mail or messages open next to something else I'm doing, for example.
    08-16-2016 10:05 AM
    I bought it soon after launch and I am a little disappointed. The battery life isn't that great, the keyboard is good to type on but doesn't stay on that well. It is fine on a table but not on your lap.

The Apple Pencil is a waste, unless you are doing art and drawing and artistic stuff and the way you charge the pencil is a disaster waiting to happen. I will either break it or lose it.

It is heavy to hold and watch movies with.

It is a great machine, but not for me and if I had to do it over again, I would have stay with my Ipad Air 2.
    The Apple Pencil depends on the cost actually. I managed to get one (via eBay) for only $49 with free shipping. It was in used condition; I have no complaints and am planning on using it for notes in class
    08-16-2016 10:16 AM
    The only time I use my desktop computer is to pay bills so I can print out receipts. Check emailed once in the while like last night so I could print a return UPS label for a radio to be sent back. I use me Acer 3 in one touchscreen mainly for iTunes.
    08-16-2016 12:50 PM
    I have both the Air 2 and the Pro 12.9. I prefer the larger screen, mainly for split screen use. The Air 2 screen is really too small to make effective use of split screen; the Pro 12.9 is like having two iPad Minis side-by-side, and I make heavy use of it. I like have mail or messages open next to something else I'm doing, for example.
    That's the reason I upgraded to the 12.9"

Multitasking in split view is so pleasing and productive on the 12.9"
    Archie_Bunkers likes this.
    08-16-2016 04:56 PM