Should I get the 12.9??

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you need a laptop, get a laptop. The iPad Pro for some maybe be sufficient enough to replace their laptops, but for me that's not the case.

The iPad Pro has a great 12.9" display, which makes multitasking really enjoyable. The iPP is also a beast, it flies through everything. It also has that great iPad battery life that lasts forever. I personally use my iPP to take down notes with the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard, I only use my rMBP when I'm at home nowadays

Hope that helps!

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Oh OK, By the way since I'm new to Smart Keyboard and iPad pro myself, I want to know how to select an App on Home Screen via Smart Keyboard? no Applauncher just select an app first like using TAB on PC?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Can someone give me quick synopsis why I should or shouldn't ?
How is the keyboard attachment? Is it close to a laptop?
Thx

I bought it soon after launch and I am a little disappointed. The battery life isn't that great, the keyboard is good to type on but doesn't stay on that well. It is fine on a table but not on your lap.

The Apple Pencil is a waste, unless you are doing art and drawing and artistic stuff and the way you charge the pencil is a disaster waiting to happen. I will either break it or lose it.

It is heavy to hold and watch movies with.

It is a great machine, but not for me and if I had to do it over again, I would have stay with my Ipad Air 2.

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I have both the Air 2 and the Pro 12.9. I prefer the larger screen, mainly for split screen use. The Air 2 screen is really too small to make effective use of split screen; the Pro 12.9 is like having two iPad Minis side-by-side, and I make heavy use of it. I like have mail or messages open next to something else I'm doing, for example.

mrmarquis9

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought it soon after launch and I am a little disappointed. The battery life isn't that great, the keyboard is good to type on but doesn't stay on that well. It is fine on a table but not on your lap.

The Apple Pencil is a waste, unless you are doing art and drawing and artistic stuff and the way you charge the pencil is a disaster waiting to happen. I will either break it or lose it.

It is heavy to hold and watch movies with.

It is a great machine, but not for me and if I had to do it over again, I would have stay with my Ipad Air 2.

The Apple Pencil depends on the cost actually. I managed to get one (via eBay) for only $49 with free shipping. It was in used condition; I have no complaints and am planning on using it for notes in class

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
The only time I use my desktop computer is to pay bills so I can print out receipts. Check emailed once in the while like last night so I could print a return UPS label for a radio to be sent back. I use me Acer 3 in one touchscreen mainly for iTunes.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have both the Air 2 and the Pro 12.9. I prefer the larger screen, mainly for split screen use. The Air 2 screen is really too small to make effective use of split screen; the Pro 12.9 is like having two iPad Minis side-by-side, and I make heavy use of it. I like have mail or messages open next to something else I'm doing, for example.

That's the reason I upgraded to the 12.9"

Multitasking in split view is so pleasing and productive on the 12.9"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR