Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By flycoolchick
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default One Week with the iPad Pro

Today makes 1 week since the iPad Pro 12.9 entered my world. Here are my thoughts as an everyday business user:

My Reason for Buying: I personally purchased the iPad Pro to replace my laptop. As a Realtor, 99% of the time I am typing contracts/addenda, texting and/or video calling clients and replying to emails all while on the go. Having to pull out my laptop multiple times per day had become extremely cumbersome; not to mention lugging around a heavy laptop bag, a mouse and a huge charger. Additionally, the majority of the applications that I use frequently have apps that work better in most cases than the full versions that I have loaded on my computer. After a week of using the Pro, I’ve become much more productive and efficient by streamlining my gear.

The Size: I love the large size of this device. I’ve heard many people talk about the joy of media consumption with this device, but I love the screen size for more than that. The size makes it easy to work in any word processing or spreadsheet application without having to scroll up/down/left/right; in order to view and entire page/document in its full size. The 12.9 inch Pro is phenomenal for those who do a lot of word-processing etc.

Battery Life: I would consider myself a heavy user and after 1 week of using the iPad Pro, the battery has indeed lasted an average of 9 hours. The 10,307mAh battery definitely does its job.

I have not purchased the Apple Pencil or any other accessories as of yet. My plan was to put the iPad Pro through the rigors of my daily routine for 2 weeks before deciding to keep or return it. At this point, I am 95% sure that I will be keeping it and adding it to my repertoire of devices. After week one; I'm sure that adding the Apple Pencil and other accessories will only enhance my iPad Pro experience.

Default Re: One Week with the iPad Pro

Thanks for sharing, and we're glad you're enjoying your iPad...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

I love my 12.9 pro. Amazing iPad. I'm happy you're enjoying it.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

I'm glad you like it. I use my 12.9 IPP at work regularly. I work in an office in corporate finance. I bought the apple pencil and have converted to paperless note taking in meetings. With MS Office and OneNote, I stay very organized.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,674 Global Posts

Thank you for sharing! Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your iPad Pro.
    I love mine too!
    iMore Elite

iPad Pro 12.9 is quite groovy. No complaints here.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Congrats on the iPad purchase. Loving the 12.9...
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,983 Global Posts

Awesome, thanks for sharing - I love my 12.9 as well, use it everyday. It's the best iOS purchase that I have made so far.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,674 Global Posts

Looking forward to what iOS 10 has to offer to the Pro
    iMore Intermediate

I know i know everyone wants to say it could replace Laptop, but in the end it needs iTunes in some way so still needs Laptop/PC/MAC :I
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,296 Global Posts

I use both a 13" MacBook pep and the iPad pad they each have a place and time with the iPad being more portable.