Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree21Likes
  • 1 Post By eyecrispy
  • 3 Post By Just_Me_D
  • 2 Post By Garz
  • 4 Post By Rob Phillips
  • 2 Post By john_v
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  • 1 Post By ALX_R4
  • 1 Post By ianeb
  • 4 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 2 Post By Just_Me_D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Just come home to find iPad bent again

So this is my 2nd iPad pro in 5 months with the same fault bent my first one bent in 4 hours i went out and come back and seen it bent so i took it back to my retailer and there swapped it for me for a new one my 2nd iPad has bent again after keeping it in a case i dont know if its the case or its the heat everyone i have seen there say heat but like any other retailer there not at faulty all tho its my 2nd one so i have gone down the legal root and its working out so far i have also done a charge back with my bank so hopefully i mite get something done for the 2nd time
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Just come home to find iPad bent again

Just come home to find iPad bent again-img_0913.jpg

Wow. Was it just sitting there and you found it bent or was it under any pressure at all? Mine hasn't had that issue.
    SpasticPat likes this.

Your photo is too vague to show what type of device that is. The iPad Pro is a sturdy device, and I can't see it bending on its own, even inside a protective casing.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I've owned probably all of the iPads that have been released and never seen one bend. My 12.9 iPad Pro has a couple minor dings, iPad Mini 4 has the traditional slightly scuffed chamfered edge in places, 9.7 iPad Pro is basically perfect. Never seen a bend though. Any idea how it bent?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,563 Global Posts

#mysteriousbendgate
    SpasticPat and SR45 like this.

I'm sorry, but I find it really hard to believe that two separate iPads have mysteriously bent like that. No way.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,277 Global Posts

Yeah there's something suspicious about this...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

I've probably owned every iPad except the 12.9 inch Pro (prefer the 9.7) and I've yet to see one bent.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,113 Global Posts

Punctuation and sentence structure helps too
    SpasticPat and SR45 like this.

Not going to bend on its own, surprised the retailer took it back. Next time you get one, lay it on the table before you leave to make sure it's flat and be done.
    SR45 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

It is imposible for an IPAD to bend on it's own! Stop trying to carry it in your Skinny Jean back Pockets!
    SR45 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Ha 2 iPad in succession magically bending with no human contact!! Very likely, you should get a big compensation payout for your inconvenience....

On a more serious not this seems like bull****
    SR45 likes this.

So let me get this straight. You applied no pressure at all. You set it down, left, came back, and it was bent? And this has happened twice?

iMore Elite

My ipads corners all turned different directions and the iPad changed colours.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Default Just come home to find iPad bent again

My iPad Pro wasn't working consistently with the Apple Smart Keyboard so about a month ago I took both into an Apple Store and they discovered my iPad was bent pretty badly around the smart connector area. It was warped and all I can figure was heat as it has never been dropped. I had a skin on the back as well as the black hard plastic Smart Cover. I am trying to upload a couple of pictures that I took of it before getting a replacement as it was much worse looking that the OP's photo!

Now if you look at the photos closely you'll see most of the warping is right around the 3 pin connectors. And when we spun the iPad over to the top it laid down flush so all the warping was just at the bottom of the iPad.
    Last edited by mickeylittle777; 05-14-2016 at 08:12 PM.
    iMore Nanite

Hi my iPad has bent in the exact same way. I agree that it probably faced pressure, but I keep it in the Logitech Create Keyboard Case, and it should not bend so easily. Did Apple replace your iPad?
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts

What is the latest on this? I'm intrigued. I wonder if excess heat (in the kitchen or something), would cause an issue like this...

Quote Originally Posted by ivantwilliams View Post
    What is the latest on this? I'm intrigued. I wonder if excess heat (in the kitchen or something), would cause an issue like this...
    I purchased my iPad Pro shortly after it was released, and it has NEVER been covered in a skin or a protective case and does not have a screen protector on it. Yet, it has yet to bend. I don't baby it and I have used it to the point of the device getting very warm to the touch. Until mine bends, I'm not going to be convinced that those devices bent on their own. Either the owner did it purposely, accidentally or indirectly while trying to protect t it via a skin or case. At least that's my opinion....
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 11-01-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    ivantwilliams and Tartarus like this.