256gb iPad pro, just curious

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Cool!
I don't think I will go over to a 256 GB iPad/iPhone for awhile..
128GB is more than enough for me.. For now that is :p

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
256 is even low for me, I usually buy Movies and TV shows from iTunes and of course in HD, So every movie is around 4 or 5 GB and TV Shows (Seasons) would be 15 to 25 GB, So i need more :''( 256 is tooooo low , I always want to keep all my purchases on my device, I even use Plex but my archive is huge as i said, In the near future phones and tablets get huge size like TB, I guess next iPad would be on TB specially since 4K is growing for various people on multimedia such as photographers and editors.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Damn it, As i mentioned above the 256 GB one is lowwww, :''( need to removed watched TV shows now, Apple is so crazy a big iPad with low storage why? it is not a phone or smaller tablet What should i do now? i wish it had at least 1 GB storage.

Commodus

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Damn it, As i mentioned above the 256 GB one is lowwww, :''( need to removed watched TV shows now, Apple is so crazy a big iPad with low storage why? it is not a phone or smaller tablet What should i do now? i wish it had at least 1 GB storage.

It's because Apple still has to use mobile-optimized flash memory, and current technology limitations prevent you from realistically getting more than 256GB on a chip. That and 1TB of flash storage is very expensive at the moment, at least in a tablet. Would you really want to spend, say, $1,400 on an iPad Pro to get that kind of capacity right now?

Unless there's a 12.9-inch iPad Pro revision this fall (and technology allows for 512GB or more), you'll probably have to be content with 256GB for a while, I'm afraid.

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the 256GB iPad Pro 12.9" and am happy I do. I have a Ph.D. in Economics (1981) and my years of education reinforced the desire to continue learning on a daily basis. For that I have downloaded many articles, written notes on those articles and housed them in PDF Expert 5. I also have found useful references in the iBook Store and the Kindle Store, so have downloaded them.

I also enjoy movies and although I keep them on my retina MacBook Pro, I periodically download a few to view on my iPad Pro. My favorites are Mary Poppins, Sound of Music, Tarzan, and Frozen. I am a 70-year old G-rated fellow with a wonderful family. Music has defined the many years of my life and I have all of the songs/albums on iTunes.
Finally, I have many apps and also enjoy iMore as well as other podcasts. Still have the video of Steve Jobs & Bill Gates being interviewed by Walt Mossberg.

techgeek88

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got a 12.9 Space Grey Pro and there was no doubt I wanted 256. I have NOTHING that comes close to taking up that much space but even though I knew iPP2 was around the corner, I wanted something futureproof. I plan to rock this iPad (provided all new software changes for the 2 comes to the 1 with NO limitations or intentional things like not giving certain features) for a few years at least.

Again, nothing right now that I could even fill up 128, but I'm a go big or go home philosophy guy, so I went for the biggest iPad with the most storage and I'm so very happy.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got a 12.9 Space Grey Pro and there was no doubt I wanted 256. I have NOTHING that comes close to taking up that much space but even though I knew iPP2 was around the corner, I wanted something futureproof. I plan to rock this iPad (provided all new software changes for the 2 comes to the 1 with NO limitations or intentional things like not giving certain features) for a few years at least.

Again, nothing right now that I could even fill up 128, but I'm a go big or go home philosophy guy, so I went for the biggest iPad with the most storage and I'm so very happy.

Congrats on your new iPP!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Awesome! If you're keeping it a few years, definitely get the most storage you can afford :)

techgeek88

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on your new iPP!

Awesome! If you're keeping it a few years, definitely get the most storage you can afford :)

Thanks guys. I feel bad for my 2014 13" rMBP. I only picked it up to put content on the iPP lol.

I absolutely love it and it's super fast and meets my needs. The Smart Keyboard was the key ingredient, I have big hands and typing is hard for me on a touch screen other than my iPhone 6S Plus which I can use my thumbs. So I have always used laptops. The Smart Keyboard on the 9.7 was too small. I love how I can be banging away on the 12.9's keyboard and it doesn't topple over or move too much. I really am using it as my only device daily right now other than my iPhone. Really love that. No plans to get an Apple Pencil though. I suck at handwriting and drawing both haha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2