256gb iPad pro, just curious

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How would we know what you need or don't need? Only 'you' can answer that question.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
If you take lots of pictures and videos and edit them. Or you use it as your laptop or desktop replacement. Normally I get the bare minimum but in this case I got the 128gb because I find myself getting more involved with video creation and editing than I thought before.

wysiwyg86

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
How would we know what you need or don't need? Only 'you' can answer that question.

Was speaking on a general basis, not me personally. Just see lots of complaints regarding 256 not being available sooner. Just wanted to understand how could that get full.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't personally use that much space on my iPad. I don't take pics or store any on there. I stream a lot. I do have lots of books but they're not space intensive. I doubt I'll ever need 256.

doccc

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
With the cloud becoming more mainstream I really don't see the need for such large capacities for casual users.

I always buy the highest capacity mainly for their better resale value but never actually find myself using all the space. Max I've hit is 80% capacity and that's because I took a lot of photos and videos on a holiday. I think 64 GB or 128 GB is more than enough for most users.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you take lots of pictures and videos and edit them. Or you use it as your laptop or desktop replacement. Normally I get the bare minimum but in this case I got the 128gb because I find myself getting more involved with video creation and editing than I thought before.

Or if you plan to store iTunes movies on there for travel.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had my MacBook since 2009, and it came with 128 GBs of storage. To this very day, it's not full. Then again, I take advantage of cloud services like iCloud, Evernote, Dropbox and OneDrive as well as save copies of important pics and docs on an external drive, and therefore, I don't need an iPad with that much storage. My iPhone 6S Plus has 64 GBs of storage and I'm not even close to filling it up, and my TV and iPad Pro have 32 Gigs. Still, I know how I use my devices and I know that what I have is MORE than sufficient for me. Others use their devices differently and need more on-device storage. Some people buy the 256 GB model just to brag that they've purchased the most expensive model. To each, his or her own...:)

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
With all the large apps I have, plus PDFs and music, I need about 180-200gb of storage. You don't. Good for you. Others, like me, want or need the space.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Trigati

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With all the large apps I have, plus PDFs and music, I need about 180-200gb of storage. You don't. Good for you. Others, like me, want or need the space.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Trigati

In my previous reply, I stated several things, and one of them was this: "Others use their devices differently and need more on-device storage."

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
For me I got the 256 so that I could add as many apps and files as I want without having to check my space. I have never been a cloud guy so internal storage made sense. High quality pictures and video files can take up space quick. I agree 256 may be over kill at this point. But thinking long term. For most people 128 is more than enough. My Surface Pro 3 is 128 and has plenty of room left.

adam13141

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I use my iPad Pro for media consumption, and travel a lot. I like to have as much space as possible to keep seasons of my favorite tv shows along with a handful of my favorite movies. I don't want to have to download and remove them every time I travel. Streaming isn't always perfect and I like to just have my favorite content available any time.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I use my iPad Pro for media consumption, and travel a lot. I like to have as much space as possible to keep seasons of my favorite tv shows along with a handful of my favorite movies. I don't want to have to download and remove them every time I travel. Streaming isn't always perfect and I like to just have my favorite content available any time.

Are you getting them from iTunes or somewhere else?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got tried of not having as much as I later need. I get the highest GB available.

If you find you only use like 16gb obviously don't get the biggest but if you tend to use it quite a bit it can save some headache later if you're planning to keep it a long time get as much as you can afford.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox