Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: 256gb iPad pro, just curious

I have the 256GB iPad Pro 12.9" and am happy I do. I have a Ph.D. in Economics (1981) and my years of education reinforced the desire to continue learning on a daily basis. For that I have downloaded many articles, written notes on those articles and housed them in PDF Expert 5. I also have found useful references in the iBook Store and the Kindle Store, so have downloaded them.

I also enjoy movies and although I keep them on my retina MacBook Pro, I periodically download a few to view on my iPad Pro. My favorites are Mary Poppins, Sound of Music, Tarzan, and Frozen. I am a 70-year old G-rated fellow with a wonderful family. Music has defined the many years of my life and I have all of the songs/albums on iTunes.
    Finally, I have many apps and also enjoy iMore as well as other podcasts. Still have the video of Steve Jobs & Bill Gates being interviewed by Walt Mossberg.
    M_A likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I just got a 12.9 Space Grey Pro and there was no doubt I wanted 256. I have NOTHING that comes close to taking up that much space but even though I knew iPP2 was around the corner, I wanted something futureproof. I plan to rock this iPad (provided all new software changes for the 2 comes to the 1 with NO limitations or intentional things like not giving certain features) for a few years at least.

Again, nothing right now that I could even fill up 128, but I'm a go big or go home philosophy guy, so I went for the biggest iPad with the most storage and I'm so very happy.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,671 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek88 View Post
    I just got a 12.9 Space Grey Pro and there was no doubt I wanted 256. I have NOTHING that comes close to taking up that much space but even though I knew iPP2 was around the corner, I wanted something futureproof. I plan to rock this iPad (provided all new software changes for the 2 comes to the 1 with NO limitations or intentional things like not giving certain features) for a few years at least.

Again, nothing right now that I could even fill up 128, but I'm a go big or go home philosophy guy, so I went for the biggest iPad with the most storage and I'm so very happy.
    Congrats on your new iPP!

techgeek88 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek88 View Post

Awesome! If you're keeping it a few years, definitely get the most storage you can afford
    techgeek88 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post
    Congrats on your new iPP!

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Awesome! If you're keeping it a few years, definitely get the most storage you can afford
    Thanks guys. I feel bad for my 2014 13" rMBP. I only picked it up to put content on the iPP lol.

I absolutely love it and it's super fast and meets my needs. The Smart Keyboard was the key ingredient, I have big hands and typing is hard for me on a touch screen other than my iPhone 6S Plus which I can use my thumbs. So I have always used laptops. The Smart Keyboard on the 9.7 was too small. I love how I can be banging away on the 12.9's keyboard and it doesn't topple over or move too much. I really am using it as my only device daily right now other than my iPhone. Really love that. No plans to get an Apple Pencil though. I suck at handwriting and drawing both haha.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12