Which iPad pro do u think is the best choice mainly for reading?

ftlum

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Which ipad pro?

For reading, the 12.9 is great. You don't have to scroll as much. If you need portability or always hold your ipads with one hand, 9.7 is better.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Which ipad pro?

I would think the size of the 12.9 would be awkward and a bit heavy after awhile. That's just my opinion.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently acquired both to try out and use. The 12.9 is great for reading magazines and viewing videos and such. It is close to 1.5 pounds. The 9.7 feels like my old iPad2. I will probably go with the 12.9 in the end and return the other.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For reading, I'd prefer the smaller one. The 12.9 is heavy and clunky. I read on it everyday and if I'm in bed or have to hold it, it gets heavy.

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Ebooks: for me the 12.9 is here to big and heavy. I do it now cause I want to have only one device for all (beside my phone) but for one page it's to big and the lines are then to long for a compfortable reading. And two pages (like I do now) is still a little bit strange. For ebooks only I would recommend the 9.7.
Comics: For american formats its also to big but for europeans it's perfect cause they use mostly a format which is equal to the 12.9. But here the two-page-layout makes more sense and for some books which uses two pages it's great. So, for comics I would take a 12.9.
Magazins and newspapers: great (but also depending on the app) - take the 12.9.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've owned multiple 9.7" iPads and they've all been great readers. The 9.7" Pro has better anti-reflective coating on the display than the 12.9" Pro (or any other iPad for that matter). This should result in a better reading experience in brightly lit areas, although I've yet to experience it myself. I should state that I don't own either Pro model.
As others have said, I can see the 12.9" Pro feeling heavy and awkward to hold for reading over a long period of time. Nonetheless, that big display is awesome.

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I have both and have read on both, but I'd say the 9.7 is more for reading, and the 12.9 for viewing/drawing/work. Both are great (as far as a tablet goes) for listening.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
12.9 is great for papers/magazines/websites/, heaps better in split view, size doesn't worry me as I read in a lounge chair or at my office desk. If you stand and read ebooks the mini 4 would be the go no the pro's. Or get a kindle for ebooks that's what I do, can read in sun too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices