Here's an eBay member's complaint about an iPad Pro I sold him. What are your thoughts?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I had sold an iPad Pro to a member on eBay because the 256 gb size became available.

I did put 800.00 of I surance on the iPad. Not sure if the iPad was dropped or scanned one too many times by the post office peeps that would cause this.

There is repair and service coverage warrenty on the iPad until December of this year.

The iPad worked perfectly when I sent out to the buyer.

The buyer wrote to me and told me the iPad did not work properly.

I purchased the iPad brand new and only owned the device about 3 weeks.

The seller sent the iPad back to me today.

Anyway here is what the buyer wrote is wrind with the iPad.

Remember this is from the buyer not from me.

{Okay I just did a reset but the iPad turned off on me last night and I couldn't get it to turn back on. Not sure what's going on with it.

It finally turned back on for me to try to reset iCloud the screen goes back out and now I can't do anything again. When I first tried to enter my wifi stuff would not except any password sleep I entered

I have been playing with it for an hour now and it has been acting up and flickering a lot.}.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: EBay members complaint about iPad Pro 128GB

Is there something you're seeking from us? Do you have a question for us or are you just sharing the incident?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

There is nothing you can do but accept the return back. If you do not and the buyer files a claim either through Ebay or Paypal, you will lose. I would then take it into Apple and have it looked at. If they replace it, then try selling it again but not on Ebay. Try someone like Swappa. Could also be a case of buyer remorse. Check it out when it is returned. Make sure it is the one you sold to them. Check the Serial # and IMEI # to make sure it is yours and they have not tried a scam or switch it on you.

I am not a fan of selling electronics on Ebay.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

If it's the same unit and really is defective when you get it back, take it back to Apple since it's still under warranty.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Is there something you're seeking from us? Do you have a question for us or are you just sharing the incident?

Good point. If this is true what would be the possible fixes. I am hoping this person removed their icloud account.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

There is nothing you can do but accept the return back. If you do not and the buyer files a claim either through Ebay or Paypal, you will lose. I would then take it into Apple and have it looked at. If they replace it, then try selling it again but not on Ebay. Try someone like Swappa. Could also be a case of buyer remorse. Check it out when it is returned. Make sure it is the one you sold to them. Check the Serial # and IMEI # to make sure it is yours and they have not tried a scam or switch it on you.

I was told by eBay not to give the refund until the device us received exactly as it was sent.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Oh I do not know the imei number but know the serial number. Yes I thought about what you wrote before now.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

The title of this thread is misleading.
This was one iPad, single, not plural. Also this was a specific user complaining about a specific device, sold used.
The way the thread title reads, it sounds like there are multiple eBay members complainig about iPad 128GB devices.
Suggest the thread title is changed to accurately reflect it as one user complaining about a used iPad sold on eBay.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes the new owner was able to set up the iPad just like it was brand new from the factory. It took awhile to make sure this was done. I am hoping this person had enough ssense to take their icloud account off.

I don't think this person knows how to use an iPad. I keep thinking maybe this person did not have enough sense to charge the iPad. Should be here Friday. Hoping that the iPad arrives tomorrow. Many times items arrive a day early.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Oh I do not know the imei number but know the serial number. Yes I thought about what you wrote before now.

How do you not know the IMEI#? When you first got the device did you not register it under your iCloud account? Also, when you sold the device did you remove it from your list of devices on Apple's website?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Here's an eBay member's complaint about an iPad Pro I sold him. What are your...

Here is a photo from the Apple web page.

So the device is still registered in my name with Apple. So the buyer never registered the iPad with apple. I bet he could not registerbecause the iPad is still registered in my name.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1461215983.089551.jpg

The photo that is uploaded here looks weird. Much different than the original.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
OK received iPad back today. True the iPad would not power on. I Rand up Apple and was told to force shut down the iPad. Once I did that the iPad is fine.

Luckily the buyer was able to remove his icloud account iPad lock password. Now I am restoring iPad from the latest backup I had.

Issued buyer a refund. EBay credited me the final value cost.

Will keep iPad now.

Oh I bet the buyer never had an iPad because when the iPad is first turned on like as new the screen fades by default and eventually shuts off. I bet that is why the buyer wrote the iPad flickered. Him just used the wrong word.

Now I am hoping when the iPad is shut down it powers back up again.

I asked the ape. Peep if this is a common problem. His said he had never heard of this before.

The only thing the buyer did not send is the small paper instruction manual. Could have been worse like forgetting to send the charger.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Here's an eBay member's complaint about an iPad Pro I sold him. What are your...

The iPad did start flickering and and shutting itself down. But not as bad not. Apple is going to see my f this can be fixed using iTunes. What is weird is there is not flickering while in this forum. Only on the home screen.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Here's an eBay member's complaint about an iPad Pro I sold him. What are your...

The iPad did start flickering and and shutting itself down. But not as bad not. Apple is going to see my f this can be fixed using iTunes. What is weird is there is not flickering while in this forum. Only on the home screen.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like there really may have been an issue for the buyer. Hope Apple can help you figure it out or replace it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro