Pencil with Multiple iPad Pros

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I bought the big iPad Pro last night and I get to work today to find out they are giving me the 9.7 iPad Pro as well and they are also providing an Apple Pencil with it. Before I go buy one for my 12.9 I figured I asked if anyone has successfully paired one Pencil with two Pros? I imagine it's possible as it works via Bluetooth but I didn't know if there were any issues anyone has found?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my iPad Pro yet not do I have an Pencil (not in a rush to get one, either), but I'd like to think that you can use the one Pen on multiple devices.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my iPad Pro yet not do I have an Pencil (not in a rush to get one, either), but I'd like to think that you can use the one Pen on multiple devices.

I'm hoping so. Guess I should be patient and just wait until I've got both devices and the Pencil and try it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You're getting the best of both worlds. I'm so jealous...

Lol. I'm pretty excited to compare and contrast. Reading about them has only told me so much. I'm interested in seeing if there are any glaring differences that will be noticeable on a day to day basis.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can, my mom has a pencil and she uses it on her iPad Pro and mine.

Sweet! Does it just work? As in if both devices are near can you write on one and then write on the other seamlessly? Or do you have to pair it with each device each time you want to use it with the other?

Thanks!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, just plug the pencil into the lightening port and it will work that iPad. Then plug it in to the other iPad and the pencil will work with that one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234