iPad Pro: Apple Pencil functionality for pdf files?

Bolgars

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
iPad Pro: Apple Pencil functionality for pdf files

Hi there! I?m contemplating buying an iPad Pro but I do need to know one thing about its functionality. I require a pdf reading app that recognizes Apple Pencil input as separate to touch input. Specifically, I would like to have ?page-scrolling? selected for touch input and, at the same time, have ?highlight tool? selected for Apple Pencil, so that my finger scrolls the page, all the while Apple Pencil highlights the text in pdf file. Do you know if there are any apps which fulfill my requirements? I have heard rumors that LiquidText does the job but I need to be completely sure before shelling out a few hundred dollars for the device. I?ve searched the Net but found no clear answer to my question, so I will be very grateful for any help or suggestions.

artiss

May 18, 2012
Visit site
There are so many PDF viewers and editors out there you would have to try first hand. Since Apple has a 2 week return policy on everything I would try things out for yourself personally - that way you are 100% satisfied.

Bolgars

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPad Pro: Apple Pencil functionality for pdf files

Thank you very much for all the help! I visited PDF Expert website and, indeed, it looks very nice.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site

Notability can handle PDF files and has Apple Pencil support.

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

Thank you very much for all the help! I visited PDF Expert website and, indeed, it looks very nice.

Well i need your guidance here guys, Well PDF Expert is on sale atm but i don't understand what's its advantage to free Adobe Acrobat?

I can do everything with Adobe Acrobat ??? Totally What's their distinction?

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Well i need your guidance here guys, Well PDF Expert is on sale atm but i don't understand what's its advantage to free Adobe Acrobat?

I can do everything with Adobe Acrobat ??? Totally What's their distinction?

If you are presenting, PDF Expert has a Focus tool that is useful.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just this? So it's not worthwhile to pay $$$ for that.

I've never used the Adobe app. I actually bought PDF Expert before the Adobe app existed. PDF Expert might have other features that differentiate it.

I just downloaded Acrobat to see for myself. It's much more limited in these ways:

1. You can't edit a PDF, that is change the existing text.
2. The markup pen and text tool are only in red and on e thickness.
3. In PDF Expert, you can add a blank sheet to a document so you can write notes about it.
4. PDF Expert has a stamp tool with preset stamps as well as customizable stamps.
5. PDF Expert has shape tools.
6. PDF Expert has a palm-reject pullover screen.
7. The Focus tool, which (for me) is worth the price.

8. Adobe Acrobat allows you to scan documents, which PDF Expert doesn't.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711