Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    James Falconer's Avatar
    Community Manager

    Posts
    1,374 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,213 Global Posts

    Default Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Here's an interesting thought... I wonder how many users of the original iPad Pro (12.9-inch) will sell or return their Pro in favor of the smaller 9.7-inch model? Or heck, keep the 12.9 and buy a 9.7 on top!?

    Wondering what everyone else thinks (especially existing users!!).
  2. #2  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,627 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Loving the big 12.9 screen. Not going to downgrade that. I'm staying put.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    I might. I am still not totally in love with my 12.9 pro. It doesn't fit all my use cases. Not totally sure yet.
  4. #4  
    redbirdsfan's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    I'm holding onto my pro
  5. #5  
    jdlnmia's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    40 Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Yes. Selling mine. The extra screen real estate is not worth the weight increase. Also, charging this thing is annoying due to the limitations of the Lightning connector max current... You cannot use the device while it is charging and expect the battery to top up.
  6. #6  
    Qdiddy09's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    No, it will become my laptop/stay at home iPad as the new little pro will be the new take it everywhere iPad.

    I don't have a laptop currently so this works out perfect for my uses
    jdlnmia and DebiRose like this.
  7. #7  
    ianeb's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    No way!! The screen on this thing is the reason I bought it, none of the 9.7" upgrades are worth the swap and the smaller screen would be a massive downgrade.

    One thing I am annoyed at though is the amount of colourful cases the new iPad Pro has already, yet all the 12.9" gets is 2 colours in one style....
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    James Falconer's Avatar
    Community Manager

    Posts
    1,374 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,213 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    @All - The display on the 12.9 really is quite beautiful. Have had a few chances to play with it (and the pencil) - there's no denying the power of it, especially for creative professionals. Strap the keyboard to it, and you have a handy little solution as well.
    DebiRose likes this.
  9. #9  
    Honey Beagle's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,567 Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    No to me that would like going back to my iPad 4.
  10. #10  
    DebiRose's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Can I ask, how long have you had it for and do you use it daily? What are your pros and cons for it?
  11. #11  
    PP763's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    And drop half the RAM NO
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    I don't have the 12.9 inch iPad Pro, but I will be getting the 9.7 version very soon. Having said that, if I did have the bigger version, I highly doubt I'd sell it just to get the smaller one. For one, I'd be unwilling to give up the 4 GB of RAM.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    James Falconer's Avatar
    Community Manager

    Posts
    1,374 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,213 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Yeah, the 4GB is pretty nice. And the display... oh that glorious display!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  14. #14  
    adamjustice's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    No way, I am loving my 12.9 inch iPad Pro. I think the 9.7 may be a decent option for some people but I think it would be too small for all the things I do with the Pro today.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamjustice View Post
    No way, I am loving my 12.9 inch iPad Pro. I think the 9.7 may be a decent option for some people but I think it would be too small for all the things I do with the Pro today.
    Yeah, once you've become adjusted to the bigger device, it would be difficult to compromise.
  16. #16  
    Honey Beagle's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,567 Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by DebiRose View Post
    Can I ask, how long have you had it for and do you use it daily? What are your pros and cons for it?
    Ha iPad pro since March 15th. The only thing that I can find wrong is there is one application that I want off my iPad 4 to be transferred to my iPad Pro. Itunes can not transfer the application because the application is not available in the app store anymore.

    Other than that the iPad Pro has been quite groovy.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    James Falconer's Avatar
    Community Manager

    Posts
    1,374 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,213 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Groovy indeed.

    Sucks that the app you want to transfer is no longer available. Which app?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Qdiddy09 View Post
    No, it will become my laptop/stay at home iPad as the new little pro will be the new take it everywhere iPad.

    I don't have a laptop currently so this works out perfect for my uses
    Might I ask what the 12.9 Pro does that the 9.7 Pro won't do? As to why the 12.9 will be your "laptop"? I would love for the 12.9 to be my "laptop" rather than my "ipad" so I'm always interested in hearing how people are using it as such. In my mind the two are so closely similar that it doesn't seem to make sense to have both and I'm not aware of any major differences between the two that gives the 12.9 a huge leg up and qualifies it as a full fledged laptop.
  19. #19  
    ianeb's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    Might I ask what the 12.9 Pro does that the 9.7 Pro won't do? As to why the 12.9 will be your "laptop"? I would love for the 12.9 to be my "laptop" rather than my "ipad" so I'm always interested in hearing how people are using it as such. In my mind the two are so closely similar that it doesn't seem to make sense to have both and I'm not aware of any major differences between the two that gives the 12.9 a huge leg up and qualifies it as a full fledged laptop.
    Portability id guess...

    They're pretty similar in spec, biggest difference being the true tone display the 9.7 has and the 4GB ram the 12.9 has, oh and 3 extra inches of screen!!!

    I bought mine before the announcement but I had a good idea the pro 9.7 was coming, I still picked the 12.9 and still would today! The screen is the difference, there's no other reason I would pick the 12.9, the ram isn't so big a deal really.

    I think the 12.9 pro with a keyboard is more like a laptop in terms of size and use, the 9.7 has all the same features in a more portable package but quite a lot less screen so less productive maybe?
    Quis89 likes this.
  20. #20  
    Qdiddy09's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    Might I ask what the 12.9 Pro does that the 9.7 Pro won't do? As to why the 12.9 will be your "laptop"? I would love for the 12.9 to be my "laptop" rather than my "ipad" so I'm always interested in hearing how people are using it as such. In my mind the two are so closely similar that it doesn't seem to make sense to have both and I'm not aware of any major differences between the two that gives the 12.9 a huge leg up and qualifies it as a full fledged laptop.
    For me I don't currently have a laptop as my PC laptop crapped out on me a few months ago. My thought process is that I can use the big pro as a laptop substitute with its bigger display and put it primarily on my desk with a keyboard and have the laptop like portability when needed to move it. I also like having an iPad that I take with me everywhere for work, media consumption, school etc on the go. The big pro is a bit more inconvenient in that aspect with its size. When I had an Air 2 (traded in to get big pro) it accomplished all those "on the go" tasks perfectly. Now with a little pro I can have the best of both worlds, even if only in my own little world of thinking lol

    Hope that explained good enough
    Quis89 likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Qdiddy09 View Post
    For me I don't currently have a laptop as my PC laptop crapped out on me a few months ago. My thought process is that I can use the big pro as a laptop substitute with its bigger display and put it primarily on my desk with a keyboard and have the laptop like portability when needed to move it. I also like having an iPad that I take with me everywhere for work, media consumption, school etc on the go. The big pro is a bit more inconvenient in that aspect with its size. When I had an Air 2 (traded in to get big pro) it accomplished all those "on the go" tasks perfectly. Now with a little pro I can have the best of both worlds, even if only in my own little world of thinking lol

    Hope that explained good enough
    Makes sense. I just got the 12.9. Should be here today. I'm hoping it will replace my need for a laptop completely. My needs may change down the line but for now I'm confident it will.
    Qdiddy09 likes this.
  22. #22  
    Qdiddy09's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    Makes sense. I just got the 12.9. Should be here today. I'm hoping it will replace my need for a laptop completely. My needs may change down the line but for now I'm confident it will.
    Yea it does everything I need it to do as a laptop replacement, I mean I'm not a professional photographer or music editor or producer so for me the big pro vs a traditional laptop is an easy transition.

    I'm sure you will find it suitable for most if not all your needs as its a very capable device
  23. #23  
    Honey Beagle's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,567 Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Groovy indeed.

    Sucks that the app you want to transfer is no longer available. Which app?
    Called Free Video. Have like many videos on that programme.
  24. #24  
    TechnologyTwitt's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    Love my 12.9
  25. #25  
    Jin-oh Choi's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

    I've got mixed feeling I love the 12.9 screen. I use the iPad Pro as my primary device. The 9.7 features are great. Just not 100% sure I can go go back to a smaller screen. It's the same issue I have with iPhone 6S Plus. But I wish the features on the 9.7 were available for the 12.9.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is it worth upgrading to the iPad Pro 9.7 from the iPad Air 2?
    By James Falconer in forum iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-25-2016, 03:05 AM
  2. Surely Apple's recycling robot 'LIAM' is an acronym for something? What do you think?
    By James Falconer in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2016, 12:53 AM
  3. The Apple Watch now starts at $399 in Canada
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 02:05 AM
  4. First look: The Apple Watch Woven Nylon and Milanese bands
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 01:01 AM
  5. Does grayscale improve battery life in ios?
    By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions