Pro Owners: Would you still have purchased 12.7" Pro if there was also a 9.7" model?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pro Owners: Would you still have purchased 12.7" Pro if there was also a 9.7"...

Why does this Emoji 1360 show up in these replies? Here I see this about 7 times. Emoji looks like a Japanese word.

I'm not sure..

It should show up as an emoji. What device are you using?

Jshaner

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pro Owners: Would you still have purchased 12.7" Pro if there was also a 9.7"...

I am currently debating right now which size I should go with from my current Air 2 which I carry it everywhere in the house right now but rarely take it out. I'm interested in the Pro due to the pencil mainly for sketching. I'm leaning toward the 12.9 cause (as stated previously) it matches the size of my sketch pads. I can get a 12.9 128mb for 800 on eBay but I think I'm gonna get it at the Apple Store so I can try out for 14 days. If it's too big, I will return it for the smaller version. At least that's the game plan now.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I am currently debating right now which size I should go with from my current Air 2 which I carry it everywhere in the house right now but rarely take it out. I'm interested in the Pro due to the pencil mainly for sketching. I'm leaning toward the 12.9 cause (as stated previously) it matches the size of my sketch pads. I can get a 12.9 128mb for 800 on eBay but I think I'm gonna get it at the Apple Store so I can try out for 14 days. If it's too big, I will return it for the smaller version. At least that's the game plan now.

That's a good plan

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The thing about the 12.9 inch iPad Pro is this: It is difficult to accept the size of the 9.7" version after having played with the larger version. For about 3 days, I fought the urge to return my 9.7" iPad Pro and get the 12.9", but common sense prevailed and I kept the 9.7". If I had any artistic abilities, the 12.9" iPad Pro would be the obvious choice for me, but since I do not, the pros of the 9.7," in addition to my iPad usage, was the clear choice, and I'm so glad I didn't change my mind. Anyway, your plan is a good one, as stated above. Let us know which one you opted to get when you get it. Take care.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I've got the 12.9 for personal and the 9.7 for work. I hardly touch my 9.7. It doesn't feel like an "upgrade" over the Air to me, honestly.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd still go for it.

The bigger screen size is the main draw. Even though the home screen doesn't make much use of it, when using 2 apps side-by-side, it really does help with productivity, and it also makes media consumption an absolutely joy.

As an added bonus, the 2 extra gigabytes of memory (for a total of 4GB) does definitely help with multitasking. Haven't experienced any serious slowdowns or lag and stutter when running Microsoft Word alongside Safari with a video playing in a window, all at the same time.

(Funny thing is that I went to see the 9.7-inch iPad Pro some time ago and when I saw it for the first time, I thought I was using the Mini, until I saw the camera hump at the back. Once you get used to the size of the Pro 12.9, the smaller iPads really do look small)

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Pro Owners: Would you still have purchased 12.7" Pro if there was also a 9.7" model?

Bigger is always better. I recently percussed a 12.9 Pro and then gave my iPad Air 2 to my wife. I don't remotely miss it...

Last edited:

goober84

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Personally I love the extra screen real estate as my iPad rarely leaves the house, plus the speakers really change up the game on this beast!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Personally I love the extra screen real estate as my iPad rarely leaves the house, plus the speakers really change up the game on this beast!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Speakers really did change up the game! Imagine if they were front-facing speakers, boom.

JimMLINY

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
First iPad ever was Pro 9.7 wifi version bought from Apple. Liked it so much I went with a 12.7 Pro with cellular from VZW. Each suits my particular needs at anytime. Fantastic devices.