Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    3,257 Global Posts

Default Re: Pro Owners: Would you still have purchased 12.7" Pro if there was also a 9.7" model?

I'd still go for it.

The bigger screen size is the main draw. Even though the home screen doesn't make much use of it, when using 2 apps side-by-side, it really does help with productivity, and it also makes media consumption an absolutely joy.

As an added bonus, the 2 extra gigabytes of memory (for a total of 4GB) does definitely help with multitasking. Haven't experienced any serious slowdowns or lag and stutter when running Microsoft Word alongside Safari with a video playing in a window, all at the same time.

(Funny thing is that I went to see the 9.7-inch iPad Pro some time ago and when I saw it for the first time, I thought I was using the Mini, until I saw the camera hump at the back. Once you get used to the size of the Pro 12.9, the smaller iPads really do look small)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Default Pro Owners: Would you still have purchased 12.7" Pro if there was also a 9.7" model?

Bigger is always better. I recently percussed a 12.9 Pro and then gave my iPad Air 2 to my wife. I don't remotely miss it...
    Last edited by Bekrah; 07-21-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    italodance likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,294 Global Posts

Default Re: Pro Owners: Would you still have purchased 12.7" Pro if there was also a 9.7" model?

Absolutely best ipad to date I purchased the 4g model with 128gb and never looked back.
    maximusaurelius likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

I want a bigger iPad than iPad Pro 12.9 , i need a 15 inch with 1 TB storage.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by italodance View Post
    I want a bigger iPad than iPad Pro 12.9 , i need a 15 inch with 1 TB storage.
    Woahhh!!!

Maybe you should get a 15" rMBP instead
    italodance and SR45 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    997 Global Posts

I don't think that I would want the smaller version, the screen is the perfect size for me.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taeisme View Post
    I don't think that I would want the smaller version, the screen is the perfect size for me.
    I agree with you, 12.9" is perfect
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Personally I love the extra screen real estate as my iPad rarely leaves the house, plus the speakers really change up the game on this beast!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goober84 View Post
    Personally I love the extra screen real estate as my iPad rarely leaves the house, plus the speakers really change up the game on this beast!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Speakers really did change up the game! Imagine if they were front-facing speakers, boom.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

First iPad ever was Pro 9.7 wifi version bought from Apple. Liked it so much I went with a 12.7 Pro with cellular from VZW. Each suits my particular needs at anytime. Fantastic devices.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I recently recieved the iPad Pro 12.9 as a gift from someone trying to steer me away from Windows. My primary device is an iPhone 6s Plus so it wasn't a big deal. Before opening it, I played with one in the store and had no interest. I was there to swap the 32gb one I got with a 128gb but left with a 128gb 9.7 inch. I don't have any other laptop at the moment and it's my primary device for creating presentations and to compliment my phone. I felt cramped the whole time with the 9.7 and ended up switching back to the 12.9. I couldn't be happier. I love how it's all synced and the cameras in the iPad never get used. I also don't carry any attachments at all, just a slim case and the on screen keyboard is night and day to the smaller one. I went to get a cable and looked at the 9.7 and it just seemed too small for me. I love this device and I also feel the power difference. There's no going back now. Just my two cents. Enjoy!
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Pro Owners: Would you still have purchased 12.7" Pro if there was also a 9.7"...

Yeah I love the screen size!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,630 Global Posts

Before I said no way but I recently sold my 12.9 Pro and picked up the 9.7. My iPad goes to the office with me everyday so having a more portable iPad has been great. Also, I'm loving this true tone display. Night mode just isn't the same and enough.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Before I said no way but I recently sold my 12.9 Pro and picked up the 9.7. My iPad goes to the office with me everyday so having a more portable iPad has been great. Also, I'm loving this true tone display. Night mode just isn't the same and enough.
    I do tend to miss the 9.7" iPad from time to time due to its size and portability.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

It's a tough call. The 12.9-inch model is clearly better if you want to use it as a laptop, but the 9.7-inch version is better for most people as a tablet. I'm torn between the two!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,494 Global Posts

I would still get the 12.9 inch version. Love the screen size
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,136 Global Posts

I had a chance to choose and went with the 12.9". I'd do it again in a heartbeat....love the 12.9".

I don't own a computer anymore, so my iPad Pro gets all of the duties and excels at everything I throw at it.

Coming from a OG iPad mini, this was a huge step for me, but a nice one.
    iMore Newbie

Yes! I waited some time before making the leap, but Serenity Caldwell's many fine articles on her experience with the larger iPad Pro convinced me that that was the one for me. I am most pleased with my decision and am looking forward to software catching up so I can spend less and less time on my retina MacBook Pro.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by samosIM View Post
    Yes! I waited some time before making the leap, but Serenity Caldwell's many fine articles on her experience with the larger iPad Pro convinced me...
    She switched back to the 9.7. It shows how difficult the decision is, even after having used it awhile. She said it on the last Apple Talk podcast when they were talking about the iPad.

The only thing that stops me from getting it is the slow charging speed and I don't want to carry around a bigger, heavier charging cable. I use my iPad a lot throughout the day at two jobs, and I always have to charge it in between.
    iMore Newbie

I saw that article. However, it appeared to me that the baby Pro was a second-best alternative that she was able to make work. (Thanks--I'll re-read her article.)
    iMore Newbie

oops! I did not read your reply carefully. And I have not listened to the Apple Talk podcast yet. So, thank you very much for the incentive to read it later today.
    iMore Newbie

oops again! I meant listen to it.

in portable mode, I use either my iPhone 6 or my Air 2. Actually hoping that the iPhone 7+ works with the Apple Pencil.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

I was firmly entrenched in the 12.9" camp after buying one last december. However, after my wife upgraded her iPad Air to the Baby Pro I gave it another look.

Turns out, i could not only get all of my work done on the Baby, I could also do alot of the other things I was missing using my 12.9" like read in bed, use it 1 handed and travel much lighter.

So in July i sold my 12.9 and picked up a Baby Pro and 98% of the time I'm happy with the decision i made.

Now, if this 10.5" iPad rumor is true and they are going to take the iPad widescreen I will be even happier because split screen apps will have that much more room.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    19,823 Global Posts

If multitasking and productivity are your usage, then the larger screen makes sense. If your just using it as a consumption tablet, then the smaller size makes sense.

It's all about how you expect to use it.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    If multitasking and productivity are your usage, then the larger screen makes sense. If your just using it as a consumption tablet, then the smaller size makes sense.

It's all about how you expect to use it.
    Yes and no, it totally depends on the type of consumption. One thing I really like are all the different board games on iOS. The larger screen (twice the size of the 9.7") makes it much easier to play with a group of people around a table and see the board, etc. It makes the bigger one just *that* much nicer to go from 'work to play' than the smaller iPP, even if the smaller is a little easier to carry around.
    RumoredNow likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast