When and where, do you use the iPad Pro?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm curious. Based on the size of the iPad Pro (I believe it is too large), when\where do you use your iPad Pro?

Currently, I use and own an iPad Air II. I mainly use it in bed, posting to forums (as in this instance). Other times I'm using it while sitting on the sofa. Hence why I think the iPad Pro is too big. To me it would be tiresome to hold to use...

cschmach

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have mine with me all the time. In fact, I originally purchased the SG 128GB Wi-Fi only version, but I just gifted it to my wife. I made a trip to the Apple Store this weekend a picked up a SG 128GB 4G version since I was tired of tethering, and it's only $10 a month to share my data from my AT&T plan.

I am rarely at my desk anymore, so I use my iPad Pro to create documents and email them to my work account for distribution at a later time. I also use it to take handwritten notes in meetings with my Apple Pencil. Then I just email the notes I took to my subordinates. I am also finishing my degree program, so I use it to complete my assignments. I was able to purchase a 4-year Microsoft 365 subscription for around $80, so I can use Word and sync my work to OneDrive. I also like to sketch in my free time, and it is amazing for that.

Is it too large? Probably, but it has grown on me. The size is really nice when writing a research paper and having the source you are citing in split screen. I agree that it may be overkill for media consumption, but that's what my iPad mini 3 is for.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Simple answer: Anywhere & everywhere.

I have the 128gb LTE version and it's been such a fantastic experience so far. I upgraded from an LTE Air 2 and haven't missed it at all.

From email (AltaMail), notes & tasks via Onenote & Evernote, scanning documents into pdf & markup with Goodnotes, document storage & viewing in Dropbox, answering & making calls (as well as texting) via continuity, listening to music, same working access to web based apps as a laptop, etc, etc.

Worth repeating....Simple answer: Anywhere & everywhere.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...interesting. For those using the iPad Pro, when out and about, do you find 'other' people are always trying to look at your screen?
Also, do you have a 'privacy' screen protector on the unit?

rudedog68

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I moved up from the iPad Air 2 to the iPad Pro 128GB wifi version. I use it everyday on my commute to work watching movies, garage band, email, imore, office 365 and Adobe CC. People were looking over my shoulder when I had the Air 2 so it doesn't bother me. I don't look at private or sensitive stuff when I'm on it. It is huge but I love extra real estate...great for photo and video apps.

I still use my MacBook Pro for heavy lifting of video and photo editing though.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the smart keyboard with my iPad Pro and carry it everywhere with me at work. My note taking is all on it. at home, I use it for reading at night (propped up on my legs bc it's so giant). In the mornings, I use it to stream my workout videos and also stream Netflix or Prime when I'm running on the treadmill.

The only thing I like the iPad Air for is the reading part. The Pro is too big and heavy for easy reading, but I get by. :)

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I use mine all the time, but I mainly bought it for work. I'm in sales and use it to show demos and pictures of product, write work orders on it. It works so much faster and problem free then the ultra book pc's I've been using over the last few years. Also, it makes for a pretty great media device to watch Hulu or Netflix on my down time in the evening with the great screen and speakers.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I moved from an iPad Air 2 to the LTE 128GB Gold version and I love it! I use mine on the couch, in bed, to take notes with the pencil. I am waiting to purchase the keyboard, but I don't find it too huge.
I sold my Air 2 but kinda sorta do miss it. Everything was already optimized for it. Maybe I won't miss it as much one apps and developers start updating their applications.

schmoejoe

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm using it in a coffee shop right now. Last night, I used it laying in bed to watch top gear. As others have said, anywhere and everywhere.

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with everyone else. I use it everywhere! I am actually in the process of getting rid of my Macbook Pro 13 inch (if anyone is interested it's listed on the marketplace), but I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro for work if I need it, but for what I do I carry this thing everywhere with me. Also, I have the smart keyboard and taking notes, sending emails, typing up documents is a breeze! I also fly a lot for work and bringing this with me is 100% way easier than any laptop and it's way lighter. I went from actually using a iPad Mini to the 128GB LTE version of the pro. Hope this helps!

InfernoGuy

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I use it everywhere now. I had my doubts when I first purchased it last Friday but when I found the right case (Logitech Create w/o the keyboard) I'm in heaven now. Fantastic tablet!

stoverje

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I use mine everywhere also. Was just showing a great Anatomy app on it to our waitress at a restaurant because she is a medical student. She was blown away. I use mine for work, personal stuff and some media consumption like movies and ebooks. I like the split screen a lot on this larger screen. I do lots of spreadsheet work and document editing and make good use of the split screen.

I have my MacBook Pro 15" for doing music composition, recording and production and for software development as I am a developer. So, XCode, Java IDEs, Xamarin and, sad to say, VMWare Fusion to run Windows and Visual Studio and such. The iPad Pro just can't handle these tasks.

I also make use of the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard with my iPad Pro. I like it a lot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW