Why can't I open PDFs files when I receive them in mail?
I have an iPad pro, I receive email thru the standard "mail" app. Pdf's arrive to me at the bottom of the email in a box that says "tap to download" I tap the box, but then get the wheel of doom saying 'cannot download the document". All PDFs affected small and large. I have tried both on strong wifi signal and on 4g. Same effect. I can go thru Safari to my mail server webmail (shaw) and get the PDFs and open it no problem. Just cannot access thru the apple mail app which is highly annoying.
Any help out there?
- 01-09-2016, 08:37 AM #2
- 5,512 Posts
Re: Why can't I open PDFs files when I receive them in mail?
it's odd that it won't even download, much less open. I've been able to open PDFs on mine without issues.
A few things to try:
- Reboot the device by holding the power and home buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
- Have you tried deleting the email account (Settings -> Mail Contacts and Calendars) and adding it back in again?
- By Fahadthelionheart in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-11-2016, 06:38 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhoneReplies: 3Last Post: 01-09-2016, 07:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2016, 05:11 AM
- By nightridah in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)Replies: 0Last Post: 01-09-2016, 04:48 AM