Do you use screen protector for the iPad Pro?

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Drawing with the Pencil is the exact reason I DO put a screen protector on it so it FEELS better. Putting a matte screen protector on it gives it just enough "tooth" to feel more like drawing on paper or like working on a Cintiq. It doesn't effect the sensitivity or quality of the Pencil in the least except to make it feel and work even better, in my opinion. The one weakness with the Pencil/iPad Pro from a function standpoint, was how slick it felt to use.

I have the The "Green Onions" anti-glare one. For me, it really improved the overall feel of using the iPad Pro with the Pencil.

Mickeylittle

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Drawing with the Pencil is the exact reason I DO put a screen protector on it so it FEELS better. Putting a matte screen protector on it gives it just enough "tooth" to feel more like drawing on paper or like working on a Cintiq. It doesn't effect the sensitivity or quality of the Pencil in the least except to make it feel and work even better, in my opinion. The one weakness with the Pencil/iPad Pro from a function standpoint, was how slick it felt to use.

I have the The "Green Onions" anti-glare one. For me, it really improved the overall feel of using the iPad Pro with the Pencil.

Matte SP are tempting for 2 reasons: 1) No glare 2) No fingerprints

But when I tried one 2-3 years ago I realized the screen quality took a drastic hit and to me that Con outweighed the Pros!

If someone could ever make a screen protector that killed glare and fingerprints like a matte finish one does while not affecting the viewing quality of the screen, that person could make millions!

cjp39

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't believe how badly the Pro's screen showed fingerprints. Worse than any glass screen I have ever used. That and the fact I always use a tempered glass one is what led me to get one. You can't tell it's there and you get the protection and less grease. I got the one by Jetech, it's $12.99 on Amazon and looks and works great. Install was a breeze and perfect as well.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Even if you're not afraid of scratches, screen protectors keep the factory oleophobic coating intact, which helps when you want to try and resell the tablet. Knowing that I can just slap on another screen protector when the current one's oleophobic coating has worn off is one of the biggest reasons I use screen protectors.

If someone decides not to buy my iPad all because the oleophobic coating is gone...they didn't deserve my iPad from the beginning, lol. I've never been asked that and I've sold many of touch screen devices, lol. People actually care about that?

D

Deleted member 488356

Dont use one. And I have AppleCare+ so I don't have to worry about these things :)

I am not currently using a screen protector on my pro. I purchased AppleCare+, so I am not sure that I will be purchasing one.

I love this thread, thanks all !.
I do purchased Apple Care+ too.
But what has a screen protector to do Apple Care+ ?
Is that mean when you have purchased Apple Care+, you don't have to use a screen protector on the iPadPro ?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I love this thread, thanks all !.
I do purchased Apple Care+ too.
But what has a screen protector to do Apple Care+ ?
Is that mean when you have purchased Apple Care+, you don't have to use a screen protector on the iPadPro ?

Scratches is not covered under warranty. It's physical damage which is covered under Apple Care+. So that's what it has to do with it.

D

Deleted member 488356

@ Garz,

Thank you for the explanation :yes:

Last edited by a moderator: