Me & My iPad Pro

schmoejoe

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I thought it would be a good idea to say hello and such. My name is joe and I am a massive fan of technology. I have had numerous mac's over the years (got my first mac - a mac classic 2 - when I was in high school in 1992) and the rest as they say is history.

I currently have a mac mini in need of a hard drive, a iPhone 6s Plus (64gb space grey) and iPad Pro (128gb space grey). I got the iPP shortly before the hard drive died thinking I could use it as my main machine. But now I have no choice but to use it as such. So far, the iPP has done everything I have asked of it without missing a beat. I only have the silicone case and smart cover; trying to find the smart keyboard or pencil is like trying to find hailey's comet. Hopefully the stars will be in alignment and I can find one somewhere.

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your holiday season where you are.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Joe! It sounds like you have quite a history with Apple. Feel free to post often!

schmoejoe

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Joe! It sounds like you have quite a history with Apple. Feel free to post often!

Thank you sir!

You are right, I do have history. When my dad passed away from lung cancer, my mom offered to buy me whatever computer I had wanted. I had quite a lot of people that told me I should go with a pc instead of a mac; that made me want the Mac that much more. When I had got it home and set it all up, I stayed up well past midnight playing with it. Come to think of it, I did the same thing with my iPP!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you sir!

You are right, I do have history. When my dad passed away from lung cancer, my mom offered to buy me whatever computer I had wanted. I had quite a lot of people that told me I should go with a pc instead of a mac; that made me want the Mac that much more. When I had got it home and set it all up, I stayed up well past midnight playing with it. Come to think of it, I did the same thing with my iPP!

Glad to hear you still have that same passion after years of Apple devices
My first Apple device was a IIc. As ancient as it sounds compared to today's technology it was way ahead of its time in the mid 1980s!

schmoejoe

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
For a brief period of time I had a IIc. It was interesting because at the other end of my desk was my new (at the time) iMac.

Speaking of iMac, i'm wondering if I should try and rescue my mac mini by installing a new hard drive or save up my nickels and get a new iMac. If I were to do the latter, one of those 4K iMac would be fantastic.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
For a brief period of time I had a IIc. It was interesting because at the other end of my desk was my new (at the time) iMac.

Speaking of iMac, i'm wondering if I should try and rescue my mac mini by installing a new hard drive or save up my nickels and get a new iMac. If I were to do the latter, one of those 4K iMac would be fantastic.

Is this even a question? Awesome new iMac, of course

schmoejoe

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Is this even a question? Awesome new iMac, of course

I was thinking that too. I guess you could say I have been spoiled by the retina display on all of my iOS devices. Having one on the desktop would be the icing on the cake.

The screen I have for my mac mini is a 19" widescreen, so the 4K iMac would definitely be a step up. Only question would be go with the fusion drive or ssd.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I thought it would be a good idea to say hello and such. My name is joe and I am a massive fan of technology. I have had numerous mac's over the years (got my first mac - a mac classic 2 - when I was in high school in 1992) and the rest as they say is history.

I currently have a mac mini in need of a hard drive, a iPhone 6s Plus (64gb space grey) and iPad Pro (128gb space grey). I got the iPP shortly before the hard drive died thinking I could use it as my main machine. But now I have no choice but to use it as such. So far, the iPP has done everything I have asked of it without missing a beat. I only have the silicone case and smart cover; trying to find the smart keyboard or pencil is like trying to find hailey's comet. Hopefully the stars will be in alignment and I can find one somewhere.

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your holiday season where you are.

Hey Joe! "dum dam dum dam dam ... dam" ;)

Nice to meet you & welcome to iMore!

Silver iPad Pro owner here with 128G 6 Plus looking forward to downsizing to 5s (love it so much). I have been using my iPP as my "desktop mobile" since day one. Love it!

Cheers.

schmoejoe

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey Joe! "dum dam dum dam dam ... dam" ;)

Nice to meet you & welcome to iMore!

Silver iPad Pro owner here with 128G 6 Plus looking forward to downsizing to 5s (love it so much). I have been using my iPP as my "desktop mobile" since day one. Love it!

Cheers.

I had a 5s when the 6 came out last year. I went to get the 6 and wasn't really feeling too much a difference. Then I took it back and exchanged it for the 6 plus and said "now this is different!". Haven't regretted the decision one bit. I absolutely love the 6s plus; I use 3d touch all the time and this year I treated myself to a 64gb version instead of the 16 I had normally gotten.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi Joe... welcome to iMore!! :)

It's great to hear die hard enthusiast stories. Congrats on your iPP and. I personally would save the nickels and go for a new iMac... I'm in the process of doing that myself.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner