Surface Pro 3 comparison

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from a surface pro 3 that I've had for only a couple weeks. I'm in sales and in and out of my truck and office all day long, so being connected and being able to do my work in a quick and accurate manner is a necessity. My goal for any tablet was to take a pdf contract and type into fields and still be able to sign the pdf and make some notes on it. I have never been able to find a solution from the pro 2 to the pro 3 without spending $70 to $200 on the proper app. I got the app pdf expert 5 for free the other day. I am astonished by this app. How can something that is $10 work better on an "ios consumption tablet" work better than a full blown pc like the surface 3. I've tried so many options on windows and even the programs I paid for and got to work never worked as fast or as easy as pdf expert. I wasn't expecting to love the pro like I do. Does it have problems. Yes. I wish more of the apps were optimized and currently some apps don't look great. I really wish I could find the pencil to fully get the benefits of this tablet. I just wanted to give my feedback on the pro from a work point of view. I was not going to keep it if I couldn't fully intergrate everything with my daily work flow. Another plus is the batter, it seems to last about twice as long as my pro 3.

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm surprised about the slow performance, unless you had the i3 processor which I expect doesn't perform nearly as well as the the i5 or i7.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised about the slow performance, unless you had the i3 processor which I expect doesn't perform nearly as well as the the i5 or i7.

Not necessarily slow performance in general. Just for my specific need for a quality pdf editor app on the surface. It's the app quality more than the surface.

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
As you've found out, if you can find one that does what you need, apps for an iPad are a lot less expensive than for Windows.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use PDF Expert almost every day. It's an awesome app. So is PDF Office (same company) which is a full PDF creation app, although it's a subscription and $40 a year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2