IPad Pro keeps freezing up during use!

JDRiggs

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a 128GB LTE iPad Pro and it keeps freezing up during normal use! On the charger, off the charger, doesn't matter. Scrolling through a website, or scrolling through an email or touching a button it locks up for 20-30 seconds. You sit and wait and then it unfreezes. Just like a long pause. Kind of reminds me of Android!

Is anyone else seeing this??? I've heard about the after charging issue but this seems to be different! Should I send it back or wait on a software update.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Sorry to hear about your hampered experience. Smooth & steady sailing here, same model. Before doing anything like warranty claim I would consider restoring as a brand new iPad through iTunes just to see if the problem has anything to do with how the iPad backup was handled.

Typically, that's my go-to troubleshooting process.

Thanks.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a 128GB LTE iPad Pro and it keeps freezing up during normal use! On the charger, off the charger, doesn't matter. Scrolling through a website, or scrolling through an email or touching a button it locks up for 20-30 seconds. You sit and wait and then it unfreezes. Just like a long pause. Kind of reminds me of Android!

Is anyone else seeing this??? I've heard about the after charging issue but this seems to be different! Should I send it back or wait on a software update.

I also have an LTE iPad Pro (T-Mobile) and it arrived with 75% charge. I turned it on, restored my backup and was in business within 20-30 minutes.

It arrived on the evening of the 19th and have charged it to 100% since then without any issues. Looking back, I can't even remember the last iPad I've had to connect to my Mac to fix anything. (Insert sarcasm, we really had to do that)?

I'm not calling it lucky because I firmly believe their QC is one of the best, but I've had no hiccups, freezes, spots in the display, etc etc.

If I were in your shoes, I'd go back to a Corporate Store if there's one within reasonable driving distance or at least contact their CS and take it from there.

JDRiggs

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I reset it and restored. Been fine ever since. Thanks for the advice. Got my smart keyboard and pencil! They're awesome!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
9.2 has known issues that will be corrected in the next update I called support for the same issue and others but all they could do is confirm the issue and told me to wait for update. My biggest gripe is crashing apps.

saeedmashti

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the 9.7 iPad 7 Pro with 256 gig memory . I have the same problem , it freezes during normal use and I have to wait 30-40 seconds for it to unfreeze !!!! It is only 47 days old on iOS 10.2 . Please let me know if there is a permanent remedy for this problem.

Last edited:

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the 9.7 iPad 7 Pro with 256 gig memory . I have the same problem , it freezes during normal use and I have to wait 30-40 seconds for it to unfreeze !!!! It is only 47 days old on iOS 10.2 . Please let me know if there is a permanent remedy for this problem.

I think the best thing for you to do is contact Apple support. It could be a ram problem or another hardware defect.

Maybe first restore it from iTunes and set it up as a new iPad to see if that helps. That's the first step that Apple support will take.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The remedy is restoring the device and setting it up as new. Give it a try.

not1lost

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I have the same the same problem with this four day old iPad Pro 12.9. 512GB cellular but never turned on.

The screen while scrolling just stops while I flick my finger back and forth. Sometimes it jitters when scrolling. Sometimes buttons on the screen are unresponsive until you touch it a dozen or more times... This is very disheartening with a brand new $1200 iPad. I have tried the reboot thing, yes it helps but then comes back... I think I should return it although I have read some bad reviews on B&H return manners where I bought it... I hope not. I read somewhere where I can send it back to Apple another way? Any suggestions comments or help of any kind would be appreciated.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
These things were just released. Don't understand why you went B&H but that's up to you. I would take it to apple and see what they say. I'm waiting for Best Buy to get them then I'll probably go with att next. I'm also looking at the 10.5" one too. I'm only getting one but I'm not sure which one. I'm coming off the first gen 12 9". Had it for almost 7 months now.

not1lost

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
????????????: I'm happy to say I had absolutely NO PROBLEM with B&H taking the iPad Pro 12.9 back! Thank The LORD! I had read some horror stories about that. Nonetheless they were very nice and understanding about it all. I now have a 10.5 model ordered from Apple but got 256 GB this time since I saw the 512 wasn't hardly touched with everything I could throw in it! movies and all! So I now know 256 will be plenty. I also dont think I will be ordering another Apple Smart Keyboard for this one. I did like it but there were also some things laking in it and for the price, I dont know. I may just get a good cover and use a magic keyboard with it; I've had a few of those and they are pretty good keyboards and not really too much to stick in your pouch or case to take along. Still thinking... Just thought I would update my post, thanks

DerekJV74

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site

Mine has been doing the same thing lately. Especially when waking from sleep. I end up having to reboot it which seems to take care of it until it happens again. I've also had issues with it staying on and running itself empty.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal