iPad Pro and iWork Apps - Issues?

sdmonty

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
So, I got my first hands-on time with the iPad Pro at my local Apple Store today. One thing I noticed off the bat, on all the units I tried (three in all) none of the iWork apps ? Keynote, Pages, Numbers ? would launch. Didn't have a chance to ask any staff there about this (they were, as per usual, quite busy).

Is this an issue with iPad Pro? Is this simply related to the Security Certificate issue that I've seen some stuff floating around about the last few days? Anyone who is an owner have you been experiencing issues?

thx

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
So, I got my first hands-on time with the iPad Pro at my local Apple Store today. One thing I noticed off the bat, on all the units I tried (three in all) none of the iWork apps – Keynote, Pages, Numbers – would launch. Didn't have a chance to ask any staff there about this (they were, as per usual, quite busy).

Is this an issue with iPad Pro? Is this simply related to the Security Certificate issue that I've seen some stuff floating around about the last few days? Anyone who is an owner have you been experiencing issues?

thx

Hi,

Regrettably, I cannot answer your original question, but I believe the issue with the cert has been fixed and it was an easy fix. Apple issued a new App Store cert yesterday and all you would have to do was to log off and log back in to the Apple Store, supposedly.

With regards to your question, it is possible that the demo mode was enabled that locks some of the apps (especially those that use Apple ID) - I had that experience on a number of occasions. That being said I honestly cannot confirm if that was the root cause in your case.

I'll be monitoring this thread, as I am curious myself.

Cheers!

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
They all work perfectly on mine. Split screen is awesome.

Glad to hear; the OP was asking about the ones running in Apple Store, though. The demo mode used while on display might have certain limitations that are tied ti using Apple ID, but that's just pure speculation.

Cheers!

L Wee

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Mine is not working on my iPad Pro. I've logged off and on the App Store. Restarted a few times. I try to open any of the iWork's apps it flickers right back to the home screen. I had not activated iCloud - iWork apps should work offline... Activated iCloud, turned it on for all the apps in settings, same result nothing launches... Any thoughts? Anyone else?

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Mine is not working on my iPad Pro. I've logged off and on the App Store. Restarted a few times. I try to open any of the iWork's apps it flickers right back to the home screen. I had not activated iCloud - iWork apps should work offline... Activated iCloud, turned it on for all the apps in settings, same result nothing launches... Any thoughts? Anyone else?

Sorry if I have missed something; to re-hash you have enabled it to use iCloud, and you are getting all of the iWork apps crashing instantaneously after launch? I do have to ask, did you update them prior to launching them? I did notice upon booting up my Pro for the first time that all of my iWork apps prompted me to update, or to put it more correctly, the App Store app reported a pending update that involved all of them.

Cheers!

L Wee

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Yup, I checked for updates before I even noticed the problem and it said all apps up to date. I just checked again, same thing. Also tried a hard reset. Hmmmm

L Wee

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, just an update. Contacted apple and they recommended a reset within settings. That didn't work, so second suggestion was a full restore to factory settings. No problem since it was so new, didn't have anything to backup really. Once the factory reset completed I had to login to the Apple Store to download all the iPad Pro included apps - iWorks, Garage Band, etc. Everything launched fine, works like a charm now. I appreciated your quick response to my query, thanks!