I have a cheap JETech slim fit case from Amazon. It's much thinner and lighter than the official two piece complete case from Apple. The JETech is also VERY sturdy as a stand. It is poor though at keeping the top lap secured to the back cover when flipped open.

I had the Logitech create keyboard and case. It is ridiculously bulky, heavy, expensive, and a lousy keyboard. Not that easy to remove either. For the price of this plus the 12.9 iPad Pro I think the vast majority of people are better off with a laptop. I have owned literally EVERY model of iPad ever made and tried many many cases, keyboards, etc. I finally realized keyboard folios make no sense to me at all. If you want to turn your tablet into a laptop you are probably better off with a laptop.

Two best keyboards I have found

1) Logitech Keys-To-Go for iOS / OS X. Ultra portable, spill proof, quick pairing button makes it easy to to repair with different devices on the fly.

2) Logitech K811 iOS / Mac Keyboard. This one is approximately the same size as Apple's Magic Wireless keyboard, but slightly cheaper and vastly superior. Better typing feel, backlit keys that come on with a hand sensor, and can pair with 3 different devices and switch between them with a touch of a button - no unpairing/repairing required.

The ONLY made for a specific model of iPad Keyboard cases that make any sense to me are keyboards like Logitech's ultra slim keyboard cover. The iPad is secured magnetically in a slot, and in some cases tha angle is adjustable. The iPad literally just lifts out when not in use retaining the benefit of a tablet, and the secure magnetic slot allows it to be used on a lap with the keyboard, which does not work with separate keyboards. Unfortunately, the latest model is for the iPad Air 2, no pro model, and cost cutting on that model makes for terrible quality - and not even a rechargeable battery - have to replace batteries - WFT?

I found the smart connector or also be anything but. It is not secured in any way - it depends entirely on constant contact - such that the slightest wobbles cause disconnects.
    04-11-2016 03:15 PM
    I started out with a cheap no keyboard case for Pro 12.9 and out of the blue decided to try the Apple smart case with keyboard. This keyboard/case is AWESOME! I didn't think I would like it but I really do. It's nice and I wouldn't want to use anything else.
    emanwis likes this.
    04-12-2016 10:57 PM
    I started out with a cheap no keyboard case for Pro 12.9 and out of the blue decided to try the Apple smart case with keyboard. This keyboard/case is AWESOME! I didn't think I would like it but I really do. It's nice and I wouldn't want to use anything else.
    I bought the smart keyboard case the day I got my Pro 12.9 and am glad I did. I'm very impressed with it.
    04-13-2016 02:25 PM
    04-15-2016 02:41 PM
    That looks really cool. You have it yet? Would love to see it in action.
    04-21-2016 02:44 PM
    Best cases for iPad Pro-imoreappimg_20160608_090951.jpg
    Got this faux leather case on ebay for $20.
    Best cases for iPad Pro-imoreappimg_20160608_091050.jpg
    Had a magnet flap closure.
    I love it.
    06-08-2016 11:11 AM
    I bought one but after a month, when I got serious about writing on my iPad, I ditched it. I lost my Apple Pencil end cap, Apple doesn't sell replacements (the end really needs a cover) so have to use a 3rd party one. The CoverBuddy pencil holder won't accommodate the replacement cap. 1) I had to leave the pencil end sticking out. 2) the pencil holder creates a bump on the case which won't let it lay flat and isn't angled enough to see the screen. You can take the pencil holder off but that's a pain and asking to be lost. It does work with the Smart Keyboard but not well enough for me.
    I want a portfolio or case that will fit my iPad Pro 12.9 WITH the Smart Keyboard attached. I've got 4 Bluetooth keyboards here now and had others before but the Smart Keyboard is the best portable keyboard I've ever used. Now if I can only find a nice case or leather folio to carry the setup with me - I'll be in iPad happiness.
    06-14-2016 09:45 PM
    @freedom-writer - that case above looks pretty sweet (for only $20!)

@yoshimiya08 - have a link to that case?
    06-15-2016 09:23 AM

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...rkt%253D1%2526
    06-15-2016 12:35 PM

It also has a rear pocket for papers or folders to be carried.
    06-15-2016 12:36 PM
    Brent-

I would like to nominate this case/ company to be added to your list-

Leather iPad Pro Case

It's hand made from some of the finest hides, not the plastic bonded leather of some the "genuine leather" cases out there. The interior has a wonderful ultra-suede liner that absorbs ambient light so all you see is screen. It has the auto, on/ off feature built into the cover. Folds into movie or typing mode. And after checking out when everyone else is doing, this case has the absolute best protection for the Apple Pencil. There is a pocket that is elegantly integrated into the front cover with a magnetic closure.

In addition, the company created the Apple specific case market so they know a bit about protecting Apple portables. They've been doing it longer than anyone else. If you have any questions, you can call them and speak to the guy that designs the products.

Best cases for iPad Pro-maccase-premium-leather-ipad-pro-12.9-case.jpg
    06-17-2016 02:46 PM
    Brent-

I would like to nominate this case/ company to be added to your list-

Leather iPad Pro Case

It's hand made from some of the finest hides, not the plastic bonded leather of some the "genuine leather" cases out there. The interior has a wonderful ultra-suede liner that absorbs ambient light so all you see is screen. It has the auto, on/ off feature built into the cover. Folds into movie or typing mode. And after checking out when everyone else is doing, this case has the absolute best protection for the Apple Pencil. There is a pocket that is elegantly integrated into the front cover with a magnetic closure.

In addition, the company created the Apple specific case market so they know a bit about protecting Apple portables. They've been doing it longer than anyone else. If you have any questions, you can call them and speak to the guy that designs the products.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MacCase-Premium-Leather-iPad-Pro-12.9-Case.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	108214
    Thanks freaking NICE! Gonna try to get one for my 9.7 inch Pro!
    06-17-2016 03:07 PM
    Amazon is sometimes expensive, I bought the Dengpin 12.9"PU cover at MiniInTheBox.
    With import costs I payed half Amazon price .

Fot the keyboard I use the Logitech K780 multi-device wireless keyboard.
    Logitech K780 Wireless Multi-Device Quiet Desktop Keyboard
    Watch the video, you will like it.
    Leonrvs likes this.
    07-08-2016 01:55 PM
    I bought the logitech smartcase.
    I know its heavy but it protects the whole ipad and if open you can actually keep it steady and firm on your lap, without it unfoulding like the Applecase does.
    the keyboard is outstanding and perfect and backlite is a must.
    But as with most cases there is no apple pencilholder.
    08-04-2016 08:25 AM
    After spending on Apple silicone, smart, keyboard, as well as others listed here including Mac Case leather with pouch I settled on Otterbox Defender for both my 12.9 and 9.7. It has secure pencil storage and is built like a ...
    08-06-2016 12:54 PM
    I'm looking for this one:

Best cases for iPad Pro-rock_sleeve_ipadpro_12inchestablet_ipadair_black_15.jpg
    Best cases for iPad Pro-rock_sleeve_ipadpro_12inchestablet_ipadair_black_11.jpg

Rock Sleeve Case for iPad Pro Tablets up to 12.9 inches

So cheap, so safe, you can put all your accessories such as pencil and charger inside it.
    Last edited by italodance; 11-30-2016 at 04:05 AM.
    08-07-2016 06:44 AM
    Cool cases
    08-19-2016 01:59 AM
    Sena from Apple Store for 12.9. Pencil holder. Horizontal or vertical stand. Slide up for camera. So far so good.

08-26-2016 05:50 PM
    I bought this case for my iPad Pro 9.7 a month ago. Slim and very nice.

CIRO Apple iPad Pro 9.7" Inch Folio Wallet Case - caseen
    11-10-2016 04:48 PM
    been looking for a logitech block case for the pro. not available! any ideas for something similar?
    11-11-2016 12:36 AM
    Quite expensive, I think
    I bought at www.aliexpress.com a genuine leather cover for the IPad Pro 12.9 inch
    For details enter Qialino iPad Pro in the search on www.aliexpress.com
    ( price is about $50 but on sale at about 1/2 price and free shipping)
    doris7 likes this.
    11-30-2016 02:05 AM
    After spending on Apple silicone, smart, keyboard, as well as others listed here including Mac Case leather with pouch I settled on Otterbox Defender for both my 12.9 and 9.7. It has secure pencil storage and is built like a ...
    Did you say the Otterbox Defender for the 12.9 has a Pencil holder?
    12-08-2016 10:24 PM
    Thinking about buying the 12.9" iPad Pro this week. Already have the 9.7" pro but I keep looking at the big one and I think I might as well get it. Target has $150 off and 5% off on red card so with tax the 128gb wifi should be about $760.

I have the speck case with the 9.7" pro now and its pretty good. Does anyone have it with the 12.9". Also how is the Targus cases. I heard that the ruts on the speck case don't hold up to well with the 12.9" one because of the size of it. I don't have any problems with the 9.7" one. I'm using the Logitech 380 Bluetooth keyboard with it.
    12-19-2016 09:44 PM
    Bought a Targus case for my new 12.9" pro that I just bought today. Going to see how it works out. Speck has a good case for the 12.9" on their website for about $30. It's the same one that I have with the smaller pro which cost me $40 in the store.
    12-21-2016 07:12 PM
    The Targus case is almost like you have two iPads on top of one another. The case is good and solid. I need this kind of protection when I am out especially when I'm in the truck. Even though it's kind of like your carrying around a 13" MacBook the case gets the job done.

Nows here's hoping that Apple doesn't announce new iPads after about January 20. Up until that time I can return this one, after that I have to keep it.

I watched some you tube last night and I could not believe the screen. Makes you wonder why I put this off for so long.

I don't see that much difference between true tone and the 12.9" screen without the night shift on. Also this thing downloads apps a lot faster than my 9.7" pro. I think this thing is a keeper.
    12-22-2016 03:21 PM
85 1234