• YES

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I wanted one for the stylus but I'm going to pass because I love the size of my mini. I hope Apple releases a mini compatible with their stylus soon.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I wanted one for the stylus but I'm going to pass because I love the size of my mini. I hope Apple releases a mini compatible with their stylus soon.

We'll see. I've seen a few rumors of the Mini being discontinued in 2017. I'm sure we'll either see a refresh or a quiet death in the Spring. Hopefully all models get 3D Touch and Apple Pencil support.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Well I finally did it. Went to Target and bought the 12.9" iPad Pro space gray with 128gb wifi. Haven't opened it yet. Thought about waiting for the new ones but I couldn't pass up this deal. Target had $150 off plus 5% off with the red card. Plus today only they took off an additional 10%. WOW!!!!!

Total cost with the 6% sales tax and a targus case was $743. I had to take it. Got AppleCare which was $94. Now too find out what to do with my 9.7" pro. Maybe I'll keep it or try to sell it, I don't know yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally did it. Went to Target and bought the 12.9" iPad Pro space gray with 128gb wifi. Haven't opened it yet. Thought about waiting for the new ones but I couldn't pass up this deal. Target had $150 off plus 5% off with the red card. Plus today only they took off an additional 10%. WOW!!!!!

Total cost with the 6% sales tax and a targus case was $743. I had to take it. Got AppleCare which was $94. Now too find out what to do with my 9.7" pro. Maybe I'll keep it or try to sell it, I don't know yet.

Congratulations on getting your new 12.9" iPad Pro...

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
How long does it take to charge out of the box? I haven't gotten the 29watt charger or the USB C to lightning cable yet. I have about a 4 hour truck drive tonight so I'm gonna charge it in the truck while I'm driving.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How long does it take to charge out of the box? I haven't gotten the 29watt charger or the USB C to lightning cable yet. I have about a 4 hour truck drive tonight so I'm gonna charge it in the truck while I'm driving.

I'm not sure, but it shouldn't take you 4 hours to charge.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I've read some forums here that with the 12 watt charger in the box that it takes a lot longer to charge because it's a big battery. Probably bigger than my 9.7" pro's one.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
It took about 2 hours to go from 61% to 98% using the charger and cord that came with it. If you are less than that then it's gonna take longer. So, I think it will take more than 4 hours if you are almost drained. I'll probably have to pick up the. 29 watt charger and the USBC to lightning cable to charge it faster.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
That's kind of where I'm at too. I've used the pro and it's awesome... But the price tag is hard to swallow :)

I dunno, i can swallow it just fine :)

i may *try* the pro.... Apple offers a 14-day return, and i always use that to my advantage where possible to *test* stuff. even if i have no intention of keeping it..... it still grabs my attention, and until i play with it i won't know if i like it..

In-store could be a option, but i'm not going to wonder round all day where there is an easier way.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Other stores like target and I think Best Buy give you at least 30 days. I bought my big pro on December 21 and I have until January 24 to return it.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Dad's has been awesome, he got it in January. Not sure how he burns through a full charge in a day tho, he must have his brightness set to 700% or something

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I ordered the 12.9. I just switched to Apple Jan 13th. Ordered the iPad Pro 12.9. Looking forward to it. Will be used a lot. Delivery tomorrow

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I just scored a 12.9 Gold 128gb Verizon on Swappa for $635 with three cases. Looks to be in mint condition as described, was also able to get an Apple Keyboard and Apple Pencil on eBay for $120 shipped. They are used but come in original boxes. I'm so excited! I hope everything is in good of shape as it looks to be online! Just need to sell my Air 2 now :)