Will you buy an iPad Pro?

• YES

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Already bought and am now using the Pro, plus bought the Pencil and Smart Keyboard. Figuring out how I'll fit it into my workflow. Already determined I may keep my iPad Air 2 just for podcasts...the Pro is far too large (although not too heavy, just...big) to haul around casually and feels more like a desktop computer.

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I played with one at an AT&T store today band was not impressed at all. being someone that owns almost every apple product except the Apple Watch. I feel the pro is just a larger ipad didn't seem faster at all to me and very akward to handle.

I was impressed enough by using the Apple Pencil that I immediately bought one.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think the price for the iPad Pro is too high. The features are high quality, but it just doesn't seem like a proper price.

The features are high quality, it screams Apple in all capacities yet... You feel it's not the proper price?

Sounds like you want a Porsche, for the price of a Pinto

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I just picked mine up over the weekend and getting it into my daily flow for work. If it didn't work for my daily device for work I wouldn't keep it. I'm in sales and in and out of my car all day. I have the surface pro 3 that I just pick up but will be going back. This product just works. I spent an entire day jacking with the surface getting it set up the way I needed and for the uses I wanted for writing estimates and contracts. The ipad pro was set up and working in an hour. It's a little big, but it's all quality. I'm very surprised, I originally thought I would keep the surface and the pro would go back.

auldyin

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Got one as a gift and very pleased with it. Getting used to the size after the smaller Air took a couple of days but okay now. It's a beautiful thing, made even more so by its price to me.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Nope. I love my iPad Air 2 & Mini 3 combo, and they do all I need done. I have two friends who bought Pro's & although it's definitely cool...it generally matches my personal feelings about the Apple Watch, and that's the feeling that it does nothing that improves my life enough to justify the price of admission.

cjp39

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I will have to sell some stuff, but handling it at the Apple store once has convinced me, and I'm a guy who leans towards Android BTW. :eek:

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I will have to sell some stuff, but handling it at the Apple store once has convinced me, and I'm a guy who leans towards Android BTW. :eek:

I completely agree with you. I use Android phones and have always used Android, but have an iPad Mini Retina and bit the bullet and got a 128GB model wifi + cellular for an AMAZING price barely used. So, I plan on getting rid of my Mid-2012 Macbook Pro and using it as my daily driver. I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro 2014 that my work gave me so if I ever need a laptop I can always use that. Pretty pumped to make the switch over...I was on the fence but my father in law just got one for Christmas and I played with it and was blown away.

cjp39

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Sick of Google's quality control as well. Every Nexus device has hardware issues that go unresolved. If Apple would just loosen the reigns slightly to third party devs, Android would die.

rollermt

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I read some reviews online and I don't think it will replace my need to use the "real" Photoshop and other creative apps. I'm open to getting one in the future if the software catches up with the hardware.

Eye4get56

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Seems to me that the iPad Pro is NOT a bigger iPad. Same goes for the iPad Mini NOT being a larger iPhone. The iPad Pro was designed for a specific audience (mistake maybe?) and as such suffers from poor programing support and limited apps. Sadly, college students are NOT one of the groups Apple targeted for the iPad Pro. I'll wait until the bugs are worked out. The iPad Pro is too expensive for a sketch pad. It is too expensive for a laptop replacement. It is crazy expensive, if you add the keyboard and cute pencil. I'll continue to use my new MacBook for my mobile computing needs.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
My 128gb gold iPad Pro arrives tomorrow and I'm really excited after spending some time on one at an Apple Store! Not sure what the hell I'm going to use it for, hopefully everything and I can get rid of my windows 10 laptop!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Seems to me that the iPad Pro is NOT a bigger iPad. Same goes for the iPad Mini NOT being a larger iPhone. The iPad Pro was designed for a specific audience (mistake maybe?) and as such suffers from poor programing support and limited apps. Sadly, college students are NOT one of the groups Apple targeted for the iPad Pro. I'll wait until the bugs are worked out. The iPad Pro is too expensive for a sketch pad. It is too expensive for a laptop replacement. It is crazy expensive, if you add the keyboard and cute pencil. I'll continue to use my new MacBook for my mobile computing needs.

Yes it is. IPad 4 has a screen size of 9.5 inches and iPad Pro is a 12.9 inch display.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods