I realize that the Pro is hardly "the next big thing" (or maybe it is, on the "large" side of things, lol). Anyway, am I the only one here who cannot contain the excitement?
I am planning on doing some web dev entirely with it (more of a hobby than a line of business, for now). I am thinking that this puppy should get me going with the keyboard and pencil very nicely.
So far, I have confirmed a few apps that might help:
- Coda for iOS (been using the Mac version since 2007, love it; tested the iPhone variant and love it too);
- Squarespace (dev account and hosting);
- Working Copy for Git repo management;
- Paper for sketching and basic design outlines;
- Omnigraffle for advanced charts and modelling;
- Sticking to iMovie for movie editing, for now;
- Photo editing - will see what Adobe has to offer, if need of serious retouching/editing work;
What do you guys think? Will the device fit into a substantial chunk of your workflows?
Last edited by TheRadBear; 10-05-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Cleared typos & stylistic errors
- 10-05-2015, 02:34 PM #2iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Getting excited!
I'm in the exact same scenario. I've been testing out web development on my ipad air2 since IOS 9 was released. I've been using Coda and it's worked pretty well so far. I've been using iDraw for icon/interface work. I think I'll still need a desktop for longer work sessions and a few utility items until we get more pro apps on the iPad. Some of the main things I miss are the Chrome dev tools for debugging and having a unix command prompt(can somewhat replicate this by having a paid hosting account online though)
Also for me personally, I've wanted a mobile digital drawing tablet forever but the iPad never really fit the bill without pressure sensitivity.
- 10-05-2015, 03:39 PM #3
Re: Getting excited!
- By iMore Question in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 3Last Post: 10-06-2015, 09:59 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-05-2015, 09:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-05-2015, 07:36 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-05-2015, 07:07 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2015, 12:01 PM