Here's my thoughts of it so far

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I disagree over that. I think the iPad Pro is just as portable as my iPad. In fact, it would be far, far easier for me to transport the iPad Pro with the smart keyboard than it would to carry my MacBook Pro 13".

With the ApplePencil aded in, I can't wait, I am super stoked for this device!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I disagree over that. I think the iPad Pro is just as portable as my iPad. In fact, it would be far, far easier for me to transport the iPad Pro with the smart keyboard than it would to carry my MacBook Pro 13".

With the ApplePencil aded in, I can't wait, I am super stoked for this device!

I don't have a Macbook Pro but a 17 inch gaming laptop. I have an iPad Air 2 and that's as big as it can get as far as being portable imo. A 13 inch device to use on the subway sitting or standing or a bus is a bit cumbersome specially when I find the iPad Air 2 hitting that threshold ( being to big to be portable)almost.

All that being said if the price is not high for the 32GB I could consider selling my iPad Air 2 128GB for the 32GB PRO because I could use it for school easier. If it wasn't for college I probably would keep my Air 2 for portability reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it's very obvious that Apple wasn't focused on this variant of iPad being the most size friendly option...this is the feature rich iPad for people who wanted a crossover PC/Tablet device...and for those of us who use a drawing pad a lot, this just became incredibly attractive (as long as the latency is under control, which I'm sure it is...I can't imagine Apple releasing something with drawing lag when that was a major focus of the device).

I think you're trying to force this model into the same cookie cutter idea you've had of the previous model iPads...and that is not a good way to approach this. This is not a product focused on people who want a portability focused tablet...and this fact was very clear in the presentation.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think people dissing the iPad pro is very reminiscent of everyone who said the original iPad was just an oversized iPhone.

Yeah...I mean everyone has an opinion of it, but the problem I have is when a person criticizes a product over something the product isn't intended for. Like being unimpressed that a blender doesn't toast bread...

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I think that when my MBA tanks, the iPad pro with the keyboard and the pencil will be a great replacement, but only as a home device.
For portability, I'm sticking with my Air 2.

virtualkyr

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
They mentioned it can edit 3 streams of 4K video if I heard correctly.

Yet the max capacity is 128 GB. Start taking away room for the OS and apps and other items, and all of a sudden you don't have much room for a lot of video and photos... especially at 4K.

For me, as a wedding film guy, something like the iPad Pro would be great to bring to a wedding to offload content to, create with for same day edits, and upload share easily. If... Adobe gets onboard with say Premiere.

I like the larger size myself for the work I do in video and photo.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think people dissing the iPad pro is very reminiscent of everyone who said the original iPad was just an oversized iPhone.

Eh I actually liked the iPad idea when it first came out. Yeah there was other tablets that came before the iPad but it wasn't that good. As much as I wanted one I figured wait a few years until they came out with a better screen. almost bit the bullet with the iPad 3 but waited for the Air and then Air 2

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ehhh…my philosophy is that you can always wait a few years to get a better something with technology. I prefer the buy it now and enjoy it and upgrade when necessary.

With the iPad Pro I rather wait until it's priced at $699 imo.

As far as the iPad goes I didn't like the screen res so I figured ill wait until they offered a better screen.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes it's bigger, but that is kind of the point. For me I want something to use instead of my MBP Retina which I keep as a desktop computer and its usually doing tasks that keep it tied to my WiFi at home and this will give me a suitable mobile replacement.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Even though I believe my iPad Air 2 is the perfect size for my needs, I do see the appeal of the iPad Pro. The iPad line has become my favorite series of electronics. I don't know what I would do without my iPad. Having a bigger one with more capabilities is intriguing. But it may just be too big for what I want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I plan on passing on this for now. I am happy with my air 2 and my mini- could that change when I go to the Apple Store and see it in person... There is always that possibility. I wish the pencil could be used on other devices.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I plan on passing on this for now. I am happy with my air 2 and my mini- could that change when I go to the Apple Store and see it in person... There is always that possibility. I wish the pencil could be used on other devices.

I think that the pencil is the coolest feature of the iPad Pro. However, it is the one feature that I wouldn't care to use. I don't do any drawing and I don't like to handwritten notes. I would rather type them. It's more convenient and faster for me to type than write anything. It is one of the reasons I stopped using my Note 4. But I have to admit that it is cool.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

My personal take, so far:

1. Based on rumoured-fuelled speculation, I was ready to dismiss the idea entirely and categorized the device as not for me;
2. Watched the Sep 9 keynote segment introducing the iPad Pro and watched the accessories showcase;
3. Quite blown away by the specs and the display. With my 2011 MacBook Air qualifying for replacement, this might be the iPad that I will finally be able to abandon my desk and work anywhere (I would be opting for the LTE version).

This device has a huge potential, but it is not designed to be for everyone. I feel this is more a niche device; at least, that's how I perceived it having watched the keynote. Moreover, its specs make it a good investment as with that amount of power one should be fit to get easily two years of it (next year's edition will be upped to A10X (probably around 30% faster, combined) and 15 - 20% thinner/lighter, but I'm guessing).

Cannot wait to order mine.

Cheers!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually just ordered an rMB right before the keynote and should have it today. I'm STRONGLY considering returning it and ordering the Pro. I've come to realize that I do so much on mobile OS now, that this might be just what I want. And a fully loaded 128gb (non-LTE) would run me around the same as the rMB. I definitely think there is a place for a product like this and I'm dang happy Apple keeps providing more options.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox