Would a iPad Pro 13 inch replace your Mac?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Think about it... The more mobile we become everyday, would you consider using only an iPad Pro given the size and leaving the Mac in a drawer... Completely switching to tablet base?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
A 13" iPad could have a desktop stand and when you want to... set it on the stand for desktop use... with a keyboard and mouse - both bluetooth... and you'd have the best of both worlds. And just think what it could be if it were a phone too... :p

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't have a Mac, yet, still with PC and my iPad now already replaces a lot of what I would do on the PC. Even though I think 13 inch would be harder for portability, I think it could come in a close second to a Mac.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At this time, a 13 inch iPad, or any iPad for that matter, cannot replace my MacBook. I still need it for certain things.

Last edited:

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Probably not, but I'm old fashioned. I like having 4 different devices for 4 different uses. And 2 operating systems for 2 different purposes.

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPad Air using iMore Forums

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I use a bluetooth keyboard on my iPad and to be honest, it's just not the same as having the functionality of a laptop with me. I'd rather splash out on a new Macbook, preferably the rumoured Retina Macbook Air i've heard whisperings about on the intermawebz, or the current Macbook Pro Retina if the aforementioned Retina Air never comes to pass.