• No

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Not sure. Would need to know the specs

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The latest rumor has it that Apple is considering at 13-inch tablet. Whether this becomes a reality or not remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure... if we DO see one, it won't be until 2014 or beyond.

Go ahead and vote on the poll above, and be sure to add your comments to this conversation. If a 13-inch iPad Pro was available, would you buy one? If yes, why? If no, how come?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Initially I was thinking that I wouldn't want a 13" iPad. But never say never. When the original iPad was released I did think I would want that or any tablet. But now a tablet is essential to my work. So I would definitely have to see a 13" iPad to say yes or no on it. It would be interesting to see for sure.

#Naked Tuesday

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I believe there's a Market for it but it's gonna compete with its own Mac line unless the price is right

Sent from my iPhone 5

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The 13" iPad will find buyers but will it be the number of buyers that would satisfy Apple? At 13" it wont be mobile anymore when you compare it to the Mini and Air. It will however be mobile for the people who compare it to a laptop like the MBA or even a Pro. So the specs will definitely matter as well as what it can do. If the ability is the same as current iOS and iPads are I think it will be too limited in what it can do for people to consider it taking over a laptop's position. It would make sense in Apple's post PC era that they tout but it would have to be a little different than what they currently offer. The good thing is that it would add 3 inches of space to pack more glass, more power, more RAM and more battery. Along with the fact that the CPU has gone 64 bit it adds up to an interesting direction.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure if I would go with a 13" iPad or not yet. I guess I would have to see it in person first. For now though, the 9.7" screen on my iPad Air is just the right size for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Until they bring the abilities of the iPad up to the level of a Macbook...I'll have no reason to replace my MBP with a tablet. And at 13", that's exactly what it will have to be for me to lug it around...a direct replacement (in all ways).

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Probably not. If Apple is gonna make a 13-inch iPad Pro, I doubt that it will be just exactly like an iPad Air with a bigger screen. I bet there will be some features that is unique to the rumored iPad. Maybe its target market are businesses or professional photographers and the like.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd find something that size useful for game books and comics. Unfortunately, I can only imagine the cost would be quite high and rather self defeating for such limited purposes.

Games Workshop ebooks are Apple Store exclusive which has been annoying for me since my only iDevice is an iPod Touch. I've never been overly enthusiastic about doing ebooks on a desktop/laptop either.

Ahh well, if they do come out then maybe in a few years I can buy a used one for cheap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I voted 'not sure' mainly as I will probably upgrade my iPad 2 in the next year or so as it's starting to feel a bit clunky with iOS7 on it coupled with the fact that the home button is playing up after nearly three years of daily use. It depends on the price point and physical size/portability/weight of the device really. I am more than happy with my 10" iPad 2 so would not hesitate in getting the latest incarnation of that device when I decide to upgrade either.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't see what the value of a 13 inch iPad would be. I love my iPad for it's portability. Why would I buy a larger, presumably more expensive product with the limitations of an iOS device when I could buy a far more capable laptop for a similar price? iPad is good for portability and leisure use. It isn't a product designed for professional use, and trying to pretend that it is, is pointless.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
13" iPad? No, not me. The current full size iPad is more than enough, and anything larger, in my regard, is too much.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't buy one. A full size is big enough, and I still prefer the Mini because of its portability. I don't think Apple will make a 13" iPad, but we'll have to wait and see.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73