iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3 and something else,which iPad you have?

reneebjb23

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Apple has released the newest iPad mini, iPad 4 and the new iPad. That doesn?t mean you have to race off and get it.Crazy, I know, particularly coming from the greatest iPad enthusiast site in the world, but that just goes to show you how true it is. When the time comes for you to get your next tablet, whether it's today or next year, and iPad or something else, you should look at what's on the market and decide what best suits your needs.
If you want the sleekest, slimmest, easiest to use, most mainstream friendly, most content rich, most well supported tablet in the industry, the iPad mini might just be for you. If you want all of that but with far more power, and far more pixels on a much bigger screen, the iPad 4 might just be for you.And what is your iPad?

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mac Book Pro, an iPad 3 (64g), and a Mini (64g).

I picked up my Mini on Sunday from Target. I am so thrilled! After I had it set up I haven't opened my MBP, or my Retina iPad. This Mini is spectacular. I even find myself reading books on it. Due to having a head injury one of my favorite past times reading, is very difficult for me. The mini actually helps me!

I just love this thing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the mini. I sold my iPad 3 a month after I got the mini. Just didn't use it anymore.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a White 64 GB cellular/WiFi iPad Mini. I sold the iPad 3 because I wasn't using it. While the retina screen was nice, the full size iPad wasn't as portable for me and therefore didn't get used as much as it should have. I absolutely love my iPad Mini and even though I do own the iPhone 5 that does have a very nice retina display, I have no issues at all with the non retina display on the Mini. IMHO, the Mini is what should have come out first before the full size iPad.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am getting my mini 16 gb on Saturday. Keeping my iPad3 64 gb and hub decided to keep our iPad1 64 gb so I don't think I'll need to get anything bigger. Probably won't store any movies on it anyway since we usually watch those on the 3 or plug it into the TV. :)

UPDATE: Exchanged the 16 for a 32 on Sunday. Went in to our Apple Store and were told by the greeter that black 32's were sold out in California until after the holidays. :(

Luckily, we hung around and shopped for accessories because we asked another apple guy when the next shipment was expected. He checked the inventory just in case and saw that they had one in stock. Yay! So it's always a good idea to ask them to check. ;)

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've got a 3rd gen iPad and I love it. I was tempted to sell it and buy a mini because my commute to and from work is an hour each way. So the smaller, lighter Mini would be nicer. However I'm writing a 📓 and do it all on my iPad. So I don't know if I could give up Retina in that case. I would like the 4th gen but I got an iPhone 5 this year which means no more 💰 for Apple devices 😔 I haven't been on Contract for over 5 yrs now so I always pay full price for my iPhones. I guess I'll be waiting for the Retina Mini.

ChrisLuce#IM

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
I have had iPad & iPad 2. I did not plan on selling my iPad 2 but it was due to needing cash. Just started a new job and was in need. I am planning on getting another iPad but not sure if it's going to be the iPad Mini or iPad 4.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the mini. I sold my iPad 3 a month after I got the mini. Just didn't use it anymore.

One thing I don't get is why you guys lives the mini bureau it's smaller and lighter but guys. That's it.
I have the iPad 4. It's a beast. But I do admit. It's heavy.
I'm guessing that why you guys like it yeah?
It's a down grade from the iPad 3 but smaller. Not worth the upgrade

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
One thing I don't get is why you guys lives the mini bureau it's smaller and lighter but guys. That's it.
I have the iPad 4. It's a beast. But I do admit. It's heavy.
I'm guessing that why you guys like it yeah?
It's a down grade from the iPad 3 but smaller. Not worth the upgrade

To YOU it's not worth the upgrade. However, it is to Those of us that do own the Mini, it is worth the upgrade. ;)

I bought the iPad 4 at the same time as the Mini, and returned the iPad 4 within one week. My iPad Mini was able to do everything the 4 did. Maybe a tad bit slower, but not enough for me to care, really. As for the retina display, I have the iPhone 5 and yeah the display is nice, butt my Mini's screen while not retina is still very nice and I have no problems at all reading on it. I'll take my cute little Mini over the larger iPad any day, YMMV....

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
To YOU it's not worth the upgrade. However, it is to Those of us that do own the Mini, it is worth the upgrade. ;)

I bought the iPad 4 at the same time as the Mini, and returned the iPad 4 within one week. My iPad Mini was able to do everything the 4 did. Maybe a tad bit slower, but not enough for me to care, really. As for the retina display, I have the iPhone 5 and yeah the display is nice, butt my Mini's screen while not retina is still very nice and I have no problems at all reading on it. I'll take my cute little Mini over the larger iPad any day, YMMV....

Fair enough buddy. It's just you do know the mini will be out dated quicker than the iPad 4 ?
Due to the obvious specs on A6X processor and retina display.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough buddy. It's just you do know the mini will be out dated quicker than the iPad 4 ?

Just so you are aware, even your beloved iPad 4 will be outdated when the iPad 5 comes out based on your own comparison to specs. Now, as far as support goes, the iPad Mini will continue to receive iOS updates from Apple for at least 2 more years, so no worries here about it becoming outdated. I know people that are still using the iPad 1 that are still perfectly happy with its performance, I'm sure the same will hold true for those unlike myself who don't get a new device every year.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Dated quicker? iPad 4 that could possible only be old maybe for a half of a year could be dated quicker. Both are excellent products. Look how long iPad 2 has been sold. Apple products don't get dated fast.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes all you guys have a point. I'm talking about the processing power point of view.
The a7 would obviously be twice has faster gas the a6 petty upgrades really.
I'm just saying the a5 would get out dated quicker than the a6 which is obvious.
But yes besides that the mini is good at what it does. It's clearly not a power house. Just a tablet to read stuff on.
Period.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes all you guys have a point. I'm talking about the processing power point of view.
The a7 would obviously be twice has faster gas the a6 petty upgrades really.
I'm just saying the a5 would get out dated quicker than the a6 which is obvious.
But yes besides that the mini is good at what it does. It's clearly not a power house. Just a tablet to read stuff on.
Period.
Come on now, I can do a LOT more than just read on my Mini, and it certainly isn't underpowered by any means. I'm glad you are enjoying your iPad 4, however, there is no need to come in here and put down the iPad Mini, especially since you don't own one.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Come on now, I can do a LOT more than just read on my Mini, and it certainly isn't underpowered by any means. I'm glad you are enjoying your iPad 4, however, there is no need to come in here and put down the iPad Mini, especially since you don't own one.
I don't think he is putting anyone down. I think it is actually a pretty great discussion and I'm assuming English is not his first language so maybe there is some things lost in translation. I find it funny that even among users of the same brand people get deffensive amongst each other lol.

This is my real question why does everyone talk about the iPad Mini not having Retina? The iPad didn't get Retina until this year, if it wasn't for the 4th gen the 3rd gen would have been the 1st and only iPad with Retina. So in only a couple months people keep talking about the lack of Retina like it's an industry standard why?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think he is putting anyone down. I think it is actually a pretty great discussion and I'm assuming English is not his first language so maybe there is some things lost in translation. I find it funny that even among users of the same brand people get deffensive amongst each other lol.

This is my real question why does everyone talk about the iPad Mini not having Retina? The iPad didn't get Retina until this year, if it wasn't for the 4th gen the 3rd gen would have been the 1st and only iPad with Retina. So in only a couple months people keep talking about the lack of Retina like it's an industry standard why?

I had a problem with that poster saying the Mini is only good for reading on, and then posting the word "period" as if his/her opinion was the end of the discussion. I agree with you here about Retina, but every iPad forum that I've been to always use the Mini's lack of retina display not to get it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73