A good excuse...

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, I just bought the verizon IPad mini (32g)...so far I'm loving it. The only problem is...I need a good explanation to tell the wife, lol. (She doesn't know I bought it yet)

So, what are some of the explanations we have told our significant others for our reason to buy new devices?

Transmitted from my iPhone 5s.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"Honey, you know I only buy myself something maybe twice a year. I love you, by the way. Anyway, I went ahead and bought myself an iPad. Of course, you're welcome to use it, my beloved queen. Isn't it nice? Would you mind helping me set it up?" I love you so much"...:)

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
"Honey, you know I only buy myself something maybe twice a year. I love you, by the way. Anyway, I went ahead and bought myself an iPad. Of course, you're welcome to use it, my beloved queen. Isn't it nice? Would you mind helping me set it up?" I love you so much"...:)

What JustMe'D said, lol, if this doesn't work, try buying your way out.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just bought the verizon IPad mini (32g)...so far I'm loving it. The only problem is...I need a good explanation to tell the wife, lol. (She doesn't know I bought it yet)

So, what are some of the explanations we have told our significant others for our reason to buy new devices?

Transmitted from my iPhone 5s.

Try something like "Hey, I bought myself a new iPad today. I wanted one, so I bought it. If you have a problem with it, there?s the door!". Of course, a true gentleman would hold the door open for her, as well.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Say it's a "family" device! That way it doesn't seen like you bought it for yourself! :biggrin:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Buy her one too if you can afford it. Or take her shopping and let her over spend. She will feel appreciative that you did something for yourself so she doesn't have to feel guilty about spending too much money shopping.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Do what I did. I stopped at the Sprint corp store to have them look at a problem with my phone, and left with my mini. I told her I was bamboozled. Hoodwinked, even. She got my Galaxy Tab and a laugh, I got away with new tech purchase. Win!

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just go home and tell her "honey I got an iPad today." And then go mow the grass. Honesty sucks but it's to the point and gets it over with. If I can do it with a Harley. You will survive the ipad

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner