lifeproof nuud case

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I use one for my iPad mini. I like it but I haven't really put it to the test with water but when I traveled I felt safe with it in my backpack. I really like it because you still have all the access to the screen without the bubbly screen protector like on the Fre.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Can it be used with a screen protector
Officially I have no idea.
Unofficially, being it seals against the glass to provide that water tight seal, I would say no for 2 reasons. First, the seal is soft and may not seal properly against another soft material like a plastic screen protector. Second and most importantly, you are changing the dimensions by a few millimeters. I would think the could affect the seal where the case snaps together.

Sent from my LG-D851

awood740

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Found a Nuud case for my iPhone at TJ Maxx yesterday for $40!! Couldn't believe the price. So far, I like it a lot coming from an Otterbox case. The feel, fit and finish is far better than the rubber wrapped Otterbox. The iPhone Nuud case came with a screen protector that I put on, but doubt it will last too long.

My iPad mini retina is in a Lifeproof Fre case. I think the built in screen protector takes away from the quality of the retina display, so if I had to choose again I would go with the Nuud.

Last edited:

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
My screen protector is made by spigen it is super then you can hardly tell its even on should I try the nuud case anyway?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Found a Nuud case for my iPhone at TJ Maxx yesterday for $40!! Couldn't believe the price. So far, I like it a lot coming from an Otterbox case. The feel, fit and finish is far better than the rubber wrapped Otterbox. The iPhone Nuud case came with a screen protector that I put on, but doubt it will last too long.

My iPad mini retina is in a Lifeproof Fre case. I think the built in screen protector takes away from the quality of the retina display, so if I had to choose again I would go with the Nuud.

Wow! That's a great deal! Congratulations, hope it holds up well for you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I use one for my iPad mini. I like it but I haven't really put it to the test with water but when I traveled I felt safe with it in my backpack. I really like it because you still have all the access to the screen without the bubbly screen protector like on the Fre.

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
can the nuud be used with a thin screen protector?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The nudd comes with a special screen protector. I use mine with a Zagg glass but I don't get it wet. Mainly use it at the beach to keep the sand out.

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I think it is a Belkin. Not the cheapest but not the Zagg either. I just put it on there because I didn't want the screen to get scratched when I was traveling and leaving my iPad in my backpack with all my other stuff. It worked great though and I have left it on there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal