Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sforsyth01#AC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default How many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini?

I would like to know how many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini. Also what your thoughts are on it if you are using it? What other office programs have you used?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Global Posts
    5,815 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default re: How many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini?

I don't need Office often enough to pay the subscription fee.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default re: How many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini?

I use Pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattjohnson78 View Post
    I would like to know how many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini. Also what your thoughts are on it if you are using it? What other office programs have you used?

I use it and absolutely love it. I used to use the iWork suite but my company uses office so it was a hassle. I would recommend it to anyone....and the $100/year cost is well worth it with the fact that you can share that license with 5 other people.

Posted via the Android iMore App!
    Good OL MC and Mr.Willie like this.

I mostly use it for work purposes but I love it. The subscription cost is not a factor plus I can download it on other computers, which is very helpful.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Don't use it through my iPad. I also have a Surface...Office comes free with it so any busy work I need to do is done on that device.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

I don't use Office on my iPad

Global Posts
    20,085 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: How many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini?

I don't. I have Office Mobile on my iPhone for testing purposes, but I rarely use it.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Re: How many people are using Microsoft Office on there iPad or iPad Mini?

I don't see the need. I've discovered that the iWork suite on my ipad is a good replacement and is very compatible with Microsoft Office by uploading to Google Drive. I can access my excel spreadsheets and word documents this way on my windows pc or my ipad using the different programs without paying the office subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

I still use google docs for all my typing and spreadsheets. No reason going to office since I never used it on my PC. I do think I will have to use iWork for PowerPoint though.

iMore Intermediate

No MS office on my ipad, iWork instead on iPhone iPad and on MBP, with iCloud enable so I can pick it up where I left it on any of my Apple devices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    4,075 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I just use them on my iPhone and they suffice for me.
    Wrote pretty much every single word while listening to iRon Maiden
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    I don't need Office often enough to pay the subscription fee.
    Same here. I have it on my MBP, so if I need to edit docs, I do it there. The cost for the subscription is way more than I want to pay, no more than I would use it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

I am thinking about getting 365 on an educational discount - $79 for 4 years (less than $20 a year).
    Question for those that have it: do you need to be online to use it?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

You do not need to be online to use it but you will need to be online if you keep you files in OneDrive and not on the iPad if you want to view and edit the file.

Thanked by:
    cyberpaw (06-10-2014)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

I use and really enjoy it! I haven't been able to replace Office in my life and the subscription covers my fianc and I for a Mac, PC, and two iPads. Editing in the app is pretty top notch and the experience is far better on iPad than the new Google Docs app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Twitter: @GoodOLMC
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

For those who use Office 365, how do you initially activate it on the iPad? Do you download it from Microsoft or just open it through the individual Office apps?

iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

I use it on my iPad 4th Gen, not to bad for proofing documents and some light excel work. I only downloaded because i got a subscription from work, so it's free for me. As with Windows and Mac OS X, I don't like Word much but find it easier for to use it for calibration, since everyone else I work with uses it. Excel is a must for me, I find the competition to be only adequate for very elementary tasks.

Personally I prefer text editors to word processors for writing.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

Did you download it directly into you iPad from a Microsoft link? Or did you just go into the Word app and put your Microsoft account info in?

Global Posts
    5,815 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpaw View Post
    Did you download it directly into you iPad from a Microsoft link? Or did you just go into the Word app and put your Microsoft account info in?

The latter
    Thanked by:
    cyberpaw (06-17-2014)
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I am not using MS Office for iPad, too pricey, but I did need an Office compatible suite and luckily stumbled upon a temporary free deal for OfficeSuite Pro, which is meeting most of my needs (compatibility, speed, ease of use, working with miscellaneous cloud accounts).

Other apps I tried but didn't like:

iWorks - beautiful design but modules are huge, very poor Office compatibility, Office docs comversions are slow and lossy, iCloud apps on PC are very slow, Numbers is limited a bit vs Excel. Good if you don't have to collaborate with MS Office users, don't use MS Office file types often, and aren't concerned with storage size.

CloudOn - probably the best direct compatibility with Office files, even supports macros, but slow start up and needs internet connection to do anything

QuickOffice - only good for Google Docs

Olive office - buggy
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I thought about using MS Office, but I have really been happy with Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. I haven't had any issues and if I want to email a document, it allows me to convert it to Word or Excel. That's all I really care about.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.