16Gb or 32 ipad mini with retina

Juliet Olsen

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm trying to decide between the 16gb and 32gb ipad mini with retina. Thinking we need to get the wifi+cellular as we're taking it on a cycle tour across Canada and will be in wilderness a fair bit of the time - is that right? Must have cellular? We probably won't use it much for games, music or videos, but will probably use it a bit for photos (taking camera too). We want to put google earth on it which will probabaly use up a fair bit of space - does it? Can anyone advise?
Cheers Juliet

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Apps are so big now. Avoid 16GB if all possible.

16GB can be way more than enough depending on what you store on the tablet but if the OP collects movies, a lot of music, or installs epic-type games then 16GB can feel tight. My 4-year-old son has a 16GB iPad 2 and we're constantly, constantly putting new games on it, but just games. ...it still has a ton...I mean a whole lot of free space on it. Apps don't use much space unless you're installing A LOT of really big games.

via the tablet 📱

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend a 32 GB version with cellular, but for the stated use 16GB cellular would be good too. You might not get any network coverage in the area that you will be traveling to, so check the coverage map of the network you will be using it on.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I opted for the 16 GB WI-FI only model and quite please as I don't have as many apps installed and don't use it for music .

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I always say go for the biggest size you can afford. Nothing like wishing you had more space a few months down the road and not being able to exchange it.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd take the extra storage over cellular. You can always hot spot your phone if you need data. Besides, if you're some place where you can't get service, then the cellular radio in the iPad would be useless anyway.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For me with the cloud services I would go with the cellular, I don't find myself loading a ton of video and music and apps on an iPad anyways.

Even for things like comics I download them and read them and then delete them, I don't see a need to keep them on the device if I have already read them.

iTunes Match takes care of my music needs and that would do just fine with the cellular.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods