How can I download videos directly on rMini?

Eu Gusto Sim

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
First, im not quite sure if this topic is in correct board, if not please kindly move it.

Honestly im an android user and this rMini is my first iDevice. Its still hard to adjust from android to iOS, since the latter offers limitations of modifying of files and performing some basic tasks. In my case im fond of downloading videos from different sites including youtube, Facebook and sometimes i do download Anime shows. Theres no doubt that MxTube is available on App store for youtube downloading an i do like that!, the same as for facebook i already searched for it and luckily theres an app that able to do so, but things arent the same for animes, i often use their Direct Links to grab the videos. I dont know how to download videos directly into my rMini using direct url's (.mkv, .mp4, .avi and so on..) when i entered it in Safari it doenst respond to download, instead it displays something like an error.

Im ready to JB my new rMini for the sake of this, but if theres an app that is capable to download direct links without JB is much better. Any help is much appreciated. :)

Thank You,
Boks

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Look in the AppStore for 3rd party media players that will handle the file formats you're interested in playing... or collect your media on a computer and use one of many apps out there to convert everything to an iTunes compatible format and import the media to your iTunes library and sync via iTunes.

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
You can download larger files with a file manager like goodreader or documents by readdle. BUT it's not so convenient IMO. When I had an iPad I wanted to download everything directly but went back to my MacBook after some short time. I don't know if it's dramaticay different under iOS 7 but the app stopped downloading after 7 minutes of not being active.

So the way kch50428 might be right to sync your files over a computer. I can recommend iFlicks to convert/mux videos to a iOS friendly format with metadata.

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I could imagine then there is a way to find a workaround, but I didn't jailbreak in a long time so I don't know for certain

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's dramaticay different under iOS 7 but the app stopped downloading after 7 minutes of not being active.

Just wanted to highlight this and let you know that it is much different in iOS7. A properly coded app can access the new background transfer API and continue downloading or uploading until the file is finished.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox