Any re-springs on iPad Mini with Retina display?

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just had a re-spring while using multitasking gesture, ie, double tap the assistive touch home button to bring up the multitasking menu. This marks my 5 crash on my rMini. I hope this gets fixed with the 7.1 update.

Sent from my 64 gig Retina IPad Mini

miscrap

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I posted at the top of this thread, asking what a re-spring was. I certainly know now. I've got a 64GB rMini, and it's happened at least half a dozen times. I can't narrow it down to a certain cause, it just seems to happen almost randomly. I say almost, because it always happens when I do something - change apps, open apps, something. By that, I mean it doesn't just happen when I'm reading a book, looking at a web page, etc. It always happens as a reaction to something I did. Should I be looking to get a replacement rMini? I'd kind of hate to, since the screen on this one has great color (I originally purchased a 32GB, but replaced it because I thought I might need more space. That one had a dirty yellow tint on the left side in portrait.) It's not too annoying, because it comes back to the home screen almost immediately, so it's not like waiting for a reboot. Might the next iOS upgrade fix this?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 32GB Retina Mini cellular yesterday. Been using it all day as well as last night with no problems.

I'm using Netflix, iTunes Radio, Facebook and several other social apps.

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a 16 GB white iPad mini with retina display last Friday and had my first respring twos days later on Sunday. Mine is wifi no cellular.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It's happened to me once and I have been using mine since the 9th daily. Some of the apps are total crash-fests and some magazine apps, like Maximum PC, hang and lag a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had my eighth respring yesterday. It happened when I was using the app switcher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I had my LTE rMine respring this morning. I think 7.1 will take care of it so it bothers me not.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me as well. I attempted to go to "Recently used tray app" by 4 finger swiping up and boom, my ipad mini with Retina display respringed. Surprisingly my ipad mini (1st gen) does not exhibit this issue at all.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have it happen about once a week. Usually it happens when I switch apps a lot or when using Safari.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

miscrap

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Happens to me probably 2-3 times a week, but I use it a lot. Read an article a couple days ago that said iOS 7.1 is coming out very soon, and the author specifically mentioned this issue as something he expected to be addressed.

93shahari

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
it happens when u scroll between multi-tasks fast from right to the left . (its only in iPad )

Sent from my iphone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73