How to transfer everything from iPad Mini to the new iPad Mini Retina

Gearheadaddy

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
When we get our new iPad Mini Retina, how do we get all apps and data transferred from the old iPad Mini to the new unit? It is being traded in to Radio Shack at the time of purchase. Thanks in advance.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Use the iTunes app from your computer since everything is keep there - it the master storage for your mobile devices.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
if u have wifi around you icloud is best options to restore and if u wana try to manually try itune on mac-windows but icloud is too best options for that

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
When we get our new iPad Mini Retina, how do we get all apps and data transferred from the old iPad Mini to the new unit? It is being traded in to Radio Shack at the time of purchase. Thanks in advance.

When you set up new device just restore from iCloud backup easy

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use iCloud for all of my transfers. It's usually pretty quick and I've never had an issue with getting all of my content moved over.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I use iCloud for all of my transfers. It's usually pretty quick and I've never had an issue with getting all of my content moved over.

Weirdly, mine failed w/ iCloud, so I backed up to iTunes and retorted that way with no problem. worth having it backed up both ways just before trade- JUST in case...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Weirdly, mine failed w/ iCloud, so I backed up to iTunes and retorted that way with no problem. worth having it backed up both ways just before trade- JUST in case...

Sorry to hear that iCloud failed for you. Good thing you had an iTunes backup in this case. I've been lucky enough with all of my iDevices that my iCloud backups have always worked great so far. I guess this is why I don't even bother connecting my iDevices with iTunes anymore. I might at some point, though, just in case like you said. :)

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

I transferred from my iPhone to my RdMini and it failed. My photos didn't transfer nor my iMessages nor my preferences. Not even my apps....

I'm thinking wiping and doing an iCloud restore

Bri in Mtl

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have trouble transferring my data from the Cloud BUT there was trouble for the new owner of my old mini due to me not canceling the Find My iPad app.
He had to contact me to get the issue resolved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73